cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can GR be posted automatically as soon as Inbound delivery is created in EWM?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All

Can GR be posted automatically as soon as inbound delivery is created in EWM?

I have an option to create automatic warehouse task as soon as I press 'Post GR' for my Inbound delivery through PPF condition technique.

But, I would like to have all subsequece documents to be posted automatically as soon as ID is created in EWM.

It means I would like to have below things automatically after ID is created....

IDN --> ID --> post GR --> create WT --> Confirm WT (or) IDN --> ID -- Create WT --> Confirm WT (this will also post GR in background)

Waiting for your valuable inputs.

Thank you in advance.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

you may create putaway tasks automatically:

https://help.sap.com/saphelp_scm50/helpdata/en/08/802f418378ef23e10000000a155106/frameset.htm

then you may set up "Confirm immediatelly" in:

Cross-Process settings - Warehouse Task - Define Warehouse Process Type

check your settings for GR posting to ECC in:

Interfaces - ERP Integration - General Settings - Set Control Parameters for ERP Version Control

Petr

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Petr

Thank  you very much for your promt response.

I have checked the node 'Set Control Parameters for ERP Verson Control' for GR postings against Inbound deliveries.

Nothing is there related to automatic GR posting against an inbound delivery.

Also, I would like to have automatic GR posting and subsequent WT creation and confirmation only to my particular custom delivery document types. Not for all.

Hope, you understood my requirement.

Thank you lot for your help.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Then you need to maintain ERP - EWM mapping on inbound delivery types in:

Interfaces - ERP Integration - Delivery Processing - Map Document Types from ERP System to EWM

(the same for item)

Then use the determination rule for warehouse process type and assign the "Confirm immediatelly" to appropriate document item type

Cross-Process Settings - Warehouse Task - Determine Warehouse Process Type

In node "Set Control Parameters for ERP Version Control" you should see

"1 Only Send Full GR at End of Putaway Process"

in Goods movement block

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

JuergenPitz
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi,

just out of curiosity: if you have such a process - why use EWM at all?

brgds

Juergen

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Juergen

I do have a special business process where produced products (which are GRed into IM location as soon as production order is confirmed) are putawayed to EWM bins through RF guns. This is a custom RF transaction, where products are packed and placed into a EWM bin. To replicate this process in EWM system, I have created one storage type with single bin (allowing negative qty) to replicate IM location which will be a source storage bin to my RF bin to bin movement in EWM system.

To replicate the actual ERP movement which is from IM location to EWM location, I am calling a 311 mvt BAPI in ERP system through a RFC call from EWM as soon as above bin to bin movement is posted in EWM. That will create a inbound delivery in ERP as receiving location is EWM managed.

This inbound delivery will be distributed and creates Inbound delivery (with customized delivery document type) in EWM to compensate the negative stocks in specially created storage type (representing IM location)

Because, this is an adjustment posting, there is no need of user action for GR and WT creation and confirmation.

In the standard system, automatic WT is being created when GR is posted manually against the inbound delivery.

So, I am looking for some sort of solution at this point where I can skip custom code and custom action profile.

Hope, you understood my requirement.

Thank you