cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Personas 2.0: How to merge tabs whose contents depend each other(IW21)?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Personas 2.0 experts,

Normally merging tabs is not very difficult. But I encounted an issue when merging tabs for tcode - IW21.

The case:

Run iw21 > Type "ZT">Now we landed on UI where I want to move the content of tab "Activities" to tab "Notification", then hide the rest tabs.

The issue:

This is a special UI as I have to first fill proper data in the required fields of tab "Notification", otherwise I cannot see the content of tab "Activities" by clicking it. So I first filled the data then moved the content of tab "Activities", then hide it. Teh problem is that the next time I run iw21, at first I still see the tab "Activites" without the moved content. Then I filled the proper data and screen refreshed, the new layout is shown (ie, moved content is shown and tabs are hidden). Such UI behaviour looks a bit strange - the UI layout changed depending on the input data.

Is there anyway that the content of the moved tab can be displayed all the time so user don't see the two different layouts? Thx.

Br,

Dong

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

tamas_hoznek
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

The reason for the hidden tab showing up are the required fields and thereby the enforced processing sequence in filling out the tab strip fields.

If you check the tab caching indicator upon entering the screen, it's going to be red, then turning green once you entered the required fields in the Notification tab. So essentially tab caching fails first which results in the unwanted rendering of the tab strip.

I'm afraid there is nothing you can do about changing this behavior. Required fields are often the cause for tab merging issues. You'd have to get rid of the required fields (make them optional) in order to fix the problem.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Tamas,

Thanks for the answer. Seems I have to live with the current situation. I will close this thread.

Br,

Dong

By the way, just give you info: I tried these:

1. Moved the contents of tab "Activities" out of the tab.

2. Moved the contents of tab "Notification" out of the tab.

3. Position the tabs to teh right.

4. Set the tabs to invisible

Result: UI got frozen - debugging shows that the frontend is sending the request constantly without proper replying from the backend.

Answers (0)