cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Third Party Technical System

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi PI Experts,

Can you please me in clarifying below doubt?

- I have created a 1 third party technical system and corresponding to this technical system I am creating different business systems or different 3rd Parties like Web Services, FTP and even all business systems for different environments(Dev, QA and PROD)

My question is:

1)Will 1 single system can be used for all Business systems or do  I need to create different technical systems?

Regards,
Sarvjeet

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sarvjeet,

For the SLD, applications that do not run on the SAP Application Server are third-party systems.Non-ABAP and non-Java SAP systems with unspecified characteristics fall into the same category.

These systems register their current system landscape data in the SLD using an HTTP client.

You may use this option for various other purposes.

Regards,

Sriram

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sarvajeet,

You will need to later on provide transport targets, have these imported into your QA and PROD SLD. rather than going for all that remove these. The business systems and technical systems for third party is not required in SLD. Please remove them and have business components

Regards,

Sriram

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sriram,

You are right, I will create Business Components for these 3rd Party systems.

Just a doubt again , being curious?

Why we have option of creation of 3rd Party system in SLD if SAP PI has already has option of Business Components creation directly in ID?

Regards,
Sarvjeet

azharshaikh
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Sarvjeet,

My few cents:

Business Component:

It is useful to use business components when configuring cross-company processes. Usually, the interface descriptions of the business partners involved in the process are made publicly available. However, the system landscape of those involved is normally unknown, or only partly known, and cannot therefore be entered in the SLD (as a business system).

Refer:Business Component - Integration Directory - SAP Library

Third-Party:

Unlike SAP products, third-party products are not necessarily included in the SLD component description. Therefore, you have to create the third-party product before you can create an installed system of this third-party product in the SLD

Refer:Creating New Third-Party Technical Systems - Administration of SAP NetWeaver CE - SAP Library

Hope it helps

Regards,
Azhar

JaySchwendemann
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I second that as the most profound answer as of now. Use Party (and Business Component) in ID for any 3rd party services. Use technical system / business system for actual systems you have control of.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sarvjeet,

Ideally if its a third party system, there is no need for an SLD entry. You can directly create a business component in ID. SLD entries are only for internal client systems.

Regards,

Sriram

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sriram,

Now I have already created many different business systems( for eg one BS for FTp, other BS's for Web services , etc) which are pointing to single 1 technical system (third party)?

will my this configuration work?

Regards,
Sarvjeet

dipen_pandya
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

I agree with Sriram, There is no need to create Technical System or Business Systems for 3rd parties in SLD, you can simply create Business Components in ID.

You can remove the created technical/business systems for 3rd parties from SLD.

Go ahead, all the best!

Regards,

Dipen.

naveen_chichili
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Sarvjeet,

if its a third party system, there is no need for an SLD entry. even if you have already created you can ignore using them in ID.

Also configurations will work if you use them as well.

Thanks,

Naveen

dipen_pandya
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

>>>1)Will 1 single system can be used for all Business systems or do  I need to create different technical systems?

In SLD you need to create only 1 technical system and related business system can also be only 1.

Also you can create "Party" & "Business Component" in Integration Directory.

Hope its clear to you.

Regards,

Dipen.