cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP FREE GOODS IN PCS

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I have the following requirement from a FMCG client.

The client has various schemes eg. If the customer purchases 1 CB of biscuits he will get 2 packets of biscuits free and the selling unit is only CB-Carton Boxes.

Now 1 CB has 50 packets and the same is maintained in the Conversion Factor. If the scheme is valid from 01.01.2015 till 31.01.2015 and the customer has purchased a 5 CB during the scheme period therefore he is entitled to 10 packets.

Since 10 packets is not equivalent to 1 CB he will receive a credit note of 10 pcs and NO FREE GOODS.

However if he is entitled to 1 CB and 10 pcs. within the validity period then 1CB will be sent to him with the order and the 10 pcs will accumulate till it is converted to a CB within the validity period.

How to do this ?.

How to design the logic for this scenario.

Can some guru please help me.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

former_member204159
Participant
0 Kudos

This message was moderated.

former_member204407
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

1 CB = 50 PACKS

Free goods will be for 50 packs(1CB)+ 2 Free Packs that means =(for every 25 packs 1 pack is free )

if you want to give free goods (only UoM CB) means to the customer order quantity must be 25CB

then only customer will be eligible for 1 CB free goods.

In a customer point of view its difficult to place an order every time 25 CB minimum quantity(to get a free quantity )

with out using conversion factor in sales order (sales unit as "packs") no point to use the free goods option.

either it could be packs or minimum order quantity 25 CB(only bulk purchase)

check with your client one more time for the sales unit conversion as "pack" option in sales order item level.

Thanks.

Krishna.

moazzam_ali
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

It is not possible using standard free goods. You have to gor ABAP program for this.

Thank$

hualin_zhang
Participant
0 Kudos

To be honeset, the bussiness requirement is a bit strange.

1 CB  ->  1CB+2packets free

1. If the free goods doesn't reach 50 packets, you will give customer a credit note of the free goods.

2. If the free goods part reach 50 packets, you will send 1 CB to him.

The discount rate of the two method above are different.

For example, if customer by 25 CB, the free goods is 50 packets.

For method 1, customer will pay for only 24 CB and get 25 CB of goods. The discount rate is (25-24)/24=4.166%

For method 2, customer wiill pay for 25 CB and get 26 CB of goods. The discount rate is (26-25)/25= 4%

So they are actuallly two free goods schemes, but not one.

In other words, you want:

1-24 CB    4.166% discount

25 CB     4% discount

26-49 CB     a changing discount between 4% and 4.166%.

It is really really hard.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Thanks for your early response.

The scheme cannot be implemented with rebate no is any discount available.

It is NOT 1CB ->1CB +2 packets free.

It is 1CB--> 2 packets free.

Can someone please help me regarding this.

hualin_zhang
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Saurav,

sorry for the confusing.

I unerstand that it is 1CB -> 2 packets free

The problem here is, when the free goods doesn't reach 50 packets, you are using a "inclusive" free goods. While when it reach 50 packets, you are using "exclusive" free goods.

So, I think customer's requirement is a bit strange from bussiness point of view.

From technical point of view, I am afraid but it can't be achieved by standard functionality.

Best regards,

Hualin