cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to modify the billing net amount computed by the billing document?

sanjay_ram
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

As per standard the billing document will compute the total billing document net amount by summing up the individual delivery order amounts.

However if i want to get the system to compute the billing doc net amount by multiplying the total of all delivery orders quantities with the unit price, how can i do that?

Mathematically both the total amounts will be different.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Lakshmipathi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Not sure why you wanted SAP to calculate and arrive the value differently.  In SAP, for all item conditions, system would fetch the value based on the condition record you maintained.  If you dont want this value but want to change, why don't you set the condition type as manual condition so that whatever value you want, you can key in manually.

Needless to mention, with the billing user exit, this can very well be achieved, I don't think, it is a Best Practice

G. Lakshmipathi

sanjay_ram
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Sir,

The customer wants the billing amount to be calculated in that way only due to some legal requirements.

Manual condition records will create a lots of data entry work. Therefore we need a method to overwrite the billing amount calculated by the system and post the difference to another rounding errors account.

Or instead of overwriting, if we can change the logic to compute the total net amount by multiplying the total DO qty against the unit price then it is better.

jobis
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Sanjay,

Will it be possible for you to elaborate your requirement with an example..

Not getting a clarity of the requirement flow.

Thanks

Jobi

sanjay_ram
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Jobi,

Say for example i have 3 DOs like this :-

DO 1 = Qty 1 X $2.30 = 2.30

DO 2 = Qty 2 X $2.30 = 4.60

DO 3 = Qty 4 X $2.30 = 9.20

Total = 16.10

Now billing document net amount will be computed based on the line items total of 16.10. However instead of taking the amount total, we want the system to calculate like this :-

Total DO qty = 7 X 2.30 = 16.10

So the billing amount should be 16.10. However in this example you do not see a difference between the 2 totals. however, when the figures are large, there will be a rounding difference so both the totals will not be the same.

So we want to use the second calculation method as above. How can we do this?

jobis
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Sanjay,

So am i to understand that, these quantities are of the same material, and present in different delivery docs.

Thanks for the clarification

sanjay_ram
Participant
0 Kudos

Yes you are right.

Lakshmipathi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Try with pricing exit USEREXIT_PRICING_PREPARE_TKOMP

G. Lakshmipathi