cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to remove unreachable hosts from HANA system

former_member183029
Participant
0 Kudos

I asked a similar question two days back and probably because of the length of the question, I didn't get any answer here. My bad! I want to rephrase it and ask more of a generic question. How can I remove hosts which are unreachable from HANA system?

In hdblcm tool, when I try to remove those hosts or even when I try to add a new host, The following thing happen :

I am not able to add or remove hosts because of this issue.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

0 Kudos

Hi,

Have you find the solution for this issue?

Regards,

Dinesh.

0 Kudos

I resolved the issue by reinstalling HANA DB as I dont find any other workarounds.

deepak_chodha
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Subhankar,

If you really wnat to remove the current host from HANA DB and don't care about any data which is there on this host, what you simply can do is:

1. Goto /<installation Directory>/<SID>/global/hdb/install/bin
  2. Exceute ./hdbremovehost

It works. Even later to add a host you can add from here a streaming server node.

Happy HANA,

Deepak.

former_member183029
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Deepak,

Do I have to do that in HANA host or in the es-server host which I want to remove. In my case, these hosts are dead so I cannot do that.

Assuming I have to do it in the HANA host, when I execute, does it ask for which hosts to remove?

Asking this before trying becasue I don't want to loose my active hosts. Just want to remove the dead hosts.

Regards,

Subhankar

former_member182967
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Subhankar Chattopadhyay,

I guess that maybe the hostname you input can't be resolved and did you check the log file mentioned in the pic you upload?

Regards,

Ning Tong

former_member183029
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

The hostname cannot be resolved becasue the hosts are down which is true in my case