cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Implementing SSO out of the box

Former Member
0 Kudos

Is there any documentation for implementing SSO out of the box?  In sap course ADM960 it details setting up SSO.  No additional software, such as SSO 1.0-2.0 was required.  The only thing downloaded was the cryptographic library.  We are using Linux systems.

I want to implement SSO using the tools built in.  Any help would be great.

Warren

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

tim_alsop
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Warren,

It sounds like you are looking to implement SSO without buying any SSO product license, so I am not sure if the URL provided by Deep will be useful to you as it is designed for use with the SAP SSO product.

Please confirm if you are just looking for SAP GUI SSO or do you want other apps to be supported, e.g. anything accessing SAP via web browser ? My understanding is that you have SAP NetWeaver on Linux (ABAP only ???)

Please confirm.

Thanks

Tim

Former Member
0 Kudos

Tim,

WE have a dual stack ABAP/JAVA running Linux.  I'm looking mainly for SAP GUI SSO.

Warren

tim_alsop
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Warren,

I thought that might be your answer 🙂

If you don't want to buy any product, then you will have to build/find your own SNC library, perhaps using open source Kerberos, and use that Kerberos library with the SNC interface included in SAP NetWeaver and SAP GUI. Then, user will logon to a Windows workstation, authenticate against MS AD domain, and their Kerberos credentials will be used to log them onto the SAP system without them being asked for a password. The session is also encrypted using Kerberos session keys.

Disclaimer... Going this way however, even though it looks free, there are hidden costs and it is not something I would recommend. It won't be supported by anybody, so if you find users can't logon to your production SAP systems, you won't get help from SAP to fix it and you will have to fix it yourself. Over the past 20 years or so I have come across many companies who have initially gone down this route and then found that the risks associated with not having any support are quite high, so they eventually buy a commercial product instead such as the one from my company or from SAP... You get what you pay for, so if you pay nothing for the license you can expect to miss out on something else (e.g. support) !!

Thanks

Tim

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Warren,

Please refer to below url it explains in details.

Cheers,

Deepanshu Sharma

Former Member
0 Kudos

I don't see the URL

Former Member