cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Severe delays in printing from the SAP system

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

We are currently experiencing severe delays in printing from the SAP system. Could you please help me on this and let me know what could be the reason and how to resolve it?

Thanks in Advance.

Satyardha

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Check if there is enough Spool work processes.

Check SM50 to see if all of them are in use.

Maybe you will need to increase the number of Spool work processes.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Actually I have found only 1 Spool Work process in the System.But it is in waiting status nothing was occupied. When running the spool request, Still the issue persists. Could you please let me know what could be the reason. I don't find any log written for this.Other than network issue, is there any other type of issues existing in this case?

Please let me know.

Thank you.

Former Member
0 Kudos

What about the first question of Gaurav? Can you monitor SP01, spool requests and output requests?

Is the delay dependent on the printer you choose?

Did you try to print locally, (frontend type G)?

Is this printer/issue new?  did it work well before?

manumohandas82
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Satya ,

check spool servers in SPAD.

How many application servers are there in your system . ? is that only printers to one application server is having issues ? 

Are you having issues to one printer / One region only . Why not give a test print from  SAP to that printer ?

Check in sp01 .. you should be getting good clues from there .

But first try to isolate  which printer ? which region ?  which user etc

Thanks ,

Manu

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

You can find the events where the spool/printing got delayed by...

In SP01 --> double click on the status of spool in question--> Double click on the Status text (in the next screen) --> F5

This will give you a detailed information on where and how much time was spent before printing.

Also you can check the status of the printer in SPAD --> printer name hit display --> External jobs (Shift + F1)

to see if any issue with the printer.

Regards,

Prithviraj.

former_member182657
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

With all above you could also refer SAP KBA 16083 - Standard jobs, reorganization jobs

Regards,

former_member182657
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Could you check for the followings

1.status of spools under SP01 transaction

2.Check for any network related issue at your end.

Addition to it share SM21 logs and try to add one more spool WP under parameter rdisp/wp_no_spo

Regards,

Gaurav