cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Onboarding users in smp 3.0 failed

0 Kudos

Hi

I've been following the 's How To... On-board users with SMP 3.0 OData API (Android) guide. I'm sure I'm doing everything just as the guide says, the error I'm getting is:

Whe I debug the project I realize that are 2 lines (user and pass) that are never getting filled. The 2 lines are:

try{

lgCtx.setBackendUser(usernameEdit.getText().toString());

lgCtx.setBackendPassword(passwordEdit.getText().toString());

} catch (LogonCoreException e){

//Notifies the execution finished

wasSuccessful = false;

Log.e(TAG, "error entering user credentials", e);

}

Despite the app enters to the "try", they never get filled. I don't know if that may be the source of the error. The ping from the Management Cockpit to the back-end url is successful.

Hope someone can help me, I've been dealing with this error for one day.

Regards.

--

Ana María Velásquez

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

0 Kudos

Hello Ana,

Have you checked that you're calling 'initializeViews()' method? Check this method that the fields from the xml are referenced correctly.

You could try printing out the contents of 'usernameEdit.getText().toString()' for example to see if it's empty or not

Also check with defining this directly in the 'try' method to verify:

usernameEdit = (EditText) findViewById(R.id.txt_username);

passwordEdit = (EditText) findViewById(R.id.txt_password);

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

claudiapacheco
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi Ana,

There's a method in the LogonCore class that is called persistRegistration. This method stores the data from the logon context to the data vault and if the registration is successful it should be called in the onLogonFinished in the MAFLogonActivity. However your issue happens before the registration finishes. so the login and password should be set the way you are setting it. could you please share more details about the issue? are you using the latest patches?

Best regards

Claudia

0 Kudos

Hi Claudia,

I did what Taiye recommended me and it totally works. I only copied usernameEdit and passwordEdit on the try method and the registration was successfull. Any ideas of why this is happening? On debug mode I've checked that de initializeViews() method it's been called.

Right now I don't have access to the server machine, so I can't tell you what patch I'm using. The management cockpit tells me that is PL0 (SMP Server 3.0.4.0), but for what I've read, maybe that's not true and in the smp_product_info.xml tells which one is the really installed patch.

Thanks for all your help. At the time I'm facing a trouble with SAP NetWeaver Gateway and when I want to call the OData service created it tells me: "check the icf nodes in tx sicf: at least one node is inactive" maybe you can tell me where I can post this issue.

Best regards. I'm very grateful.

--

Ana María Velásquez

claudiapacheco
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi Ana,

I would start a discussion in community.

Best regards,

Claudia