Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP Work Manager 6.2 sync error?

former_member197782
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I am working with SAP Work Manager 6.2 application. When I download the application for the first time the app get downloaded and saying that no work orders to download.

After that, I have assigned my pernr to a work center and created work orders using the work center.

I have reset the application and trying to download the app, but it is taking more time to download and I could not able to complete the sync.

Sometimes I am getting communication error.

We are connecting to the server using mobile VPN software from device iPad.

Could anyone please share the thoughts.

Thanks & Regards,

Roopa M.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

jason_latko
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Roopa,

You will need to turn on SMP logging and analyze a transmit log file to see where the bottleneck is.  Most likely your BAPIs are taking too long to run.  You can also increase the timeouts in your Agentry.ini or SMP cockpit for the application to see if this helps.

Jason Latko - Senior Product Developer at SAP

former_member197782
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Jason,

Thanks for the reply.

I could see the below sections in SMP cockpit which allows me to change the timeout values to make the sync faster.

Please see the below screen snap.

Here the complex table seems to taking more time to download after that rules,action etc..

I don't have much data related to work orders. So I think there is no problem with work orders download BAPI's.

The application got struck at complex table download itself and some time at rules etc..

Kindly suggest where do I need to changes the values for fast sync of SAPWM 6.2 application.

Thanks & Regards,

Roopa M.

former_member197782
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Jason,

The agentry app was downloaded by applying filters on Equipment and function location complex tables.

And we have increased the -Xmx value to "4096" in "Props.ini" file of SMP Server.

But when we disable the filters on the CT data again the app got disconnected from server and giving "Communication Error" and maximum of java memory is consuming and SMP server stopped working.

Is there any dependency of memory parameters in "Props.ini" file and the server physical memory? Please suggest.

Another query is, the standard app SWM 6.2  which downloaded is different from the demo SWM 6.2 application.

The downloaded app doesn't have some of the icons which are in demo app. Could you please suggest on this.

Please see below screen snaps of Demo app & Downloaded app.

Demo App:

Downloaded App: (Filters Applied)

*I have disabled some content on details screen

jason_latko
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Roopa,

I believe those are optional tabs that can be configured in the application globals in config panel, or with agentry globals in the editor.  Those switches should all be documented in the administration guide.

former_member197782
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Jason,

Many thanks for the reply.

I have cross verified the global settings in config panel and editor and all the main menu items are activated in config panel and same are defined in editor as well.

Still I could not able to see those tabs in iPad. Is there any other setting that need to be configured.

Please suggest.

Thanks in advance,

Roopa M.

jason_latko
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Roopa,

Your best option would be to look at the editor code for those screen tabs.  Examine the enable rules on the tabs to see what logic is being used.  That will tell you where the disconnect is.  You could also load the application using the ATE so you could examine the complex table data that is downloaded to the device to see what is missing.