Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Automatically cancel goods movement with KO usage decision

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I have the following situation:

On our materials, we have activated an inspection type for transfers (MM movement 309 for example).

When we make a transfer of this kind, an inspection lot is automatically created, and the stock goes from source to target, kept in quality stock as long as no usage decision is taken.

Our goal is:

• Usage decision is OK -> The stock goes automatically in target, unrestricted state.
  • Usage decision is KO -> The stock goes back in source, unrestricted state. Basically, the material document at the origin of the transfer is cancelled.

It is for the second point that I am facing difficulties. Is there any way to reach this behavior using standard customizing only?

I think there is something to be done with the follow-up actions in QS51, but I am not sure...

Any help would be appreciated.

Regards,

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (6)

Answers (6)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you all for your answers.

The logic of the flow is that all transfer should be approved by a responsible. When a transfer is done with movement type 309 for example (from one material to another), an inspection lot is created.

Then the person in charge of approving takes the usage decision. If the transfer makes sense, then usage decision is OK and the stock goes free in target state. If the transfer cannot be done then the usage decision is KO and the stock is required to go back in source state.

I will get in touch with ABAP people to find/build the convenient function modules to call in follow-up actions.

Thank you!

busyaban7
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Martin,

Anand and Nitin has correctly voiced concerns on cancelling the material document of transfer posting, which has created the inspection lot. This is not a very wise way of handling quality management considering traceability. You should try figuring out answers to what Nitin and Anand is requesting as they might be critical for your downstream process design.

Now to suggest one more way here (I have not tested this special scenario before!!)

a) De-link UD code "KO" form the UD posting proposal.

b) Now post UD = KO for the inspection lot. As a result I believe stock will still be lying in Quality stock even though UD code "Reject" is posted.

c) Reverse your stock posting material document - either manually or through Follow-up actions linked to UD.

d) You can create several such "KO" UD codes like KO1, KO2,... for reversing Material Documents of type 309, 349.. etc. Else, you can create only one Follow-Up action where you can assign multiple FMs to reverse the specific Material doc.

Try out this proposal in case if it is working!!

Thanks,

Arijit

nitin_jinagal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

I'll go with Anand's suggestion. What seems to me is a wrong approach here. You don't reverse the original document (which triggered the inspection lot) if the valuation is not OK.

Another aspect is that qty is going to be posted in unrestricted stock in anyway. Only difference is that you call two locations by the names of Target and Source. That's pretty fine but why do you want to cancel the document?

What is the next process when this material is back to Source after quality inspection? More information on this might be helpful for a better solution. Else, Anand has already suggested the feasibility.

ntn

anand_rao3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I'm not sure if I have followed your requirements correctly! I did not understand 2nd part of it.

You are expecting that the original material document (say that of 101 which caused the inspection lot generation) should be cancelled automatically when you select KO as UD code? In turn it would execute 102 movement in background?

The purpose of follow up actions is, you can set standard available function modules or can customize your own FMs for specific purpose and can assign the same to certain follow up action / UD code. As a result of that whenever you select such UD code, the program defined in FM runs and executes as per the logic written there. I think you can get more insights of it from feasibility perceptive with your ABAP team.

If you want the entire stock to be posted to unrestricted you can do so in standard. Choose proposal as posting to unrestricted in QS51.

Anand

Nancy
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

You can also try to define your own inventory posting field with required movement type in customizing :

QCC0 > Quality Inspection > Inspection Lot Completion > Define Inventory Postings

Nancy
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hello Jules,

You can assign a follow-up action to the UD code KO in QS51.  The follow-up action can be defined in customizing QCC0 > Quality Inspection > Inspection Lot Completion > Define Follow-Up Actions.

Regards,

Nancy