cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP logon disconnects when switching to Wi-fi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I've got this really weird problem with SAP logon 730 clients in one of my customers company network.

SAP works just as normal when going from Wi-fi to wired connection, or from one access point to another access point, but when going from a wired connection to Wi-fi the client immediately loses all connections with the SAP server and disconnecting the users with the error message "WSAECONNRESET: Connection reset by peer".

I close down the error and then it's straight back to normal and i can connect just fine again.

It annoy my clients to be forced to login again when going from a docking-station with wired connection to a conference room with Wi-fi. I can even go from wired to wired with the 60 second time out

I've tried to use the slow connection in the network settings, changing the timeout to 60 seconds, checked the still awake-package and there is nothing being blocked by the firewall. Changed priority to put the wireless as prio 1 and wired as second.

I can even go from wired to wired with the 60 second time out without it disconnecting the user.

What i am thinking about at the moment is to use forceip to force SAP only to use the wi-fi adapter, but then i have to config the dhcp to give the computers with sap clients a static ip. But this ain't gonna solve the problem...

But the problem as I've notice is that there is some kind of connection failure when switching network adapter to wi-fi from wired.

Note that there is no internal firewall which can block the still alive-package. The internet and network just fine with no breaking point, it's just SAP who disconnects the user wired -> wifi...

Any ideas?

/Fred

Computer spec : HP elitebook 840, Windows 7 64 bit.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Fredik,

SAP disconnection due to WI-Fi problem clearly says the network setting issue.

I would suggest please check your network setting again.

To Avoid this type of problems we can use the below alternative option (Temporary) :-

1. Setup SAPROUTER in your landscape.

2. The Public IP of SAPROUTER should be Ping-able through your local network , WI-FI open or wired.

3. Enter the Router PUBLIC IP address details in your Router string tab in SAP GUI Logon pad.

4. Test that.

Hope this will help .

Regards

Pranay