cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to isolate movement type to lot orign - new insp type

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I have a quastion on the issue : attaching movement type to specific insp type orign.

I am trying to activate the process of inspactoin that is triggered by movement type 322 (from unrestricted to quality status)

I know that the standart functionnality is triggered by insp type 08. and the moovement type 322  is connected to the lot orign.

i created new insp type and attached it to the lot orign 08:

now i try to figure how i can define that the inspection lot will be created when i am transfering posting on 322 moovment only and not any other movements that is allso active to lot orign 08.

I attached the insp type to the material :

can someone advice me if it is possible to do ?

all the movements on the same plant.

Thank you

Best Regards,

Dmitry

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello friends,

i implimented your advices and successfully created inspaction lot basen on custom inspection type

22 basicly a copy of 08.

i deactivated part of the moovments - but i still have question regarding the conection beetwen movement type and inspaction plan:

i am explaining what i mean to:

lets say that i am using on every day usage movement 311 (deactivated)

movement 322 is my custom project - active QM - lot origin 08

movement 301 - rearly used - QM active - lot origin 08

how can i define that the material will be directed to the inspaction plan that need to be defigned for the specific usage ?

what do i need to add on the inspaction plan ? or material ? site ? or storage ?

thank you ?

busyaban7
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Dmitry,

Hope you are doing well and thanks to update us that you are able to created your custom inspection lot of type "22".

Please note that standard SAP has created the standard Movement types (Ex, 301, 311, 321, 322, ...) and based on the best defined process, they have activated the inspection lot origins against it.. For example MvT 301 or 311 says that user is trying to do transfer posting form one plant to another or one storage location to another, and so SAP has added the inspection lot origin "08" for stock transfer.

The dynamic modification criteria 003 and 001 is linked to inspection plan usage "5" related to "Goods Receipt". Which is the cause of picking the inspection plan with usage "5" and of course this plan has to be released with status "4" to be assigned further. Also, you need to assign the materials to this inspection plan so that correct inspection plan can be picked.

So based on my understanding, the link between different parts of the process follows like below -

i) Insp types => Linked to inspection lot Origin and Dyn Mod Criteria => Movement types.

ii) Dyn Mod Criteria => Linked to inspection plan usage

Now your business case MvT 301 (QM Active), MvT 311 (QM deactivated, so no inspection lots will be created against it), MvT Z22 as a copy of MvT 322 (QM active) checks the same inspection lot origin "08". Though you have activated inspection types "08" and "22", your new business case for MvT 301 or Z22 will always create the inspection lot of type "22" as preferred inspection type check is added on it.

Hope this clarifies.

Thanks,

Arijit

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Arijit,

I am trying to find the link as you describing:

from my point of understanding (level of action)

001 -only on material dependency - all movements (without checking any other aspects)

I Copied usage 08 to usage 09 (same values)

than i find the usage - used as a triger to task list on inspection level

like - plan :

how you can conect between movement type & the usage -- inspaction plan

the goal is that when you proceed movement type 322 an insp plan 1 is activated

and when you proceed the same material with 301  an insp plan 2 is activated  (standart 08)

both of them  are connected to same lot origin 08.

do you see the issue ? 

busyaban7
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Dmitry,

Please can you confirm how did you copied inspection lot usage "08" to Inspection lot usage "09"?..!! Now you are deviating a lot form your actual question on the thread to some other issues. Please can you check the below link:

Asking Good Questions in the SCN Discussion Spa... | SCN

Well, the functionality you are trying to achieve now like MvT 322 for Material X should pick inspection plan IP1 and MvT 301 for same Material X should pick inspection plan IP2, while both the MvT is linked to the same inspection lot origin "08", needs to be made through Inspection lot creation user exits. This requested functionality can't be achieved through standard ways as per my understanding. You can maintain a custom table with MvT Vs Insp Plans and this table should be referenced during inspection lot creation through user exits as prerequisite. Then the selected data of inspection plan will be over-written with this new selection value for Inspection plan, based of control condition of Movement types. This process should fix this issue too.

You can find the list of user exits in the below thread:

http://scn.sap.com/docs/DOC-45085

You can check the below Exit - QPAP0001  Enhancement - plan reading

NOTE: Normally adding too much custom things are not recommended, so please double check your business process and stick to standard SAP.

Thanks,

Arijit

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Arijit,

thank you for your advice,

the advice to keep it simple is good and reasnoble

(only deactive not required moovment from insp).

SECOND OPTION:

"Changing MvT 322 to some custom MvT for inspection lot origin "08" is not possible. But you can create your new custom MvT like "Z22" by copying the MvT "322"

i understand your advice - but i don't understand how the custom moovment will triger lot 08 and the custom insp type (without other moovment types beeing triggered)

do i need to add on the material level only the custom insp ?

OPTIONAL scenario that material will be connecteded to multiple insp tyes  01,08,22.

how you controll the reactions ?

do i create insp plan with orign 08 ? to activaty custom insp ?

or i need create custom usage and attach it to specific value ?

thank you

Dmitry

busyaban7
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Daniel,

OPTION 1: To keep the process simple means MvT 322 + Activation of Insp lot against MvT type + Insp Type 08/22 linked to inspection lot origin 08 is the best way here.

OPTION 2: I try answering your open points (though I think this process is not a good way to handle things...)

a) As now Z22 is a 'full" copy of 322, so all dependent settings should have been copied in Z22 as well. As you can see form my attachment, Z22 is also getting the inspection lot origin "08" defaulted and hence any inspection types (standard like 08, 0800 or custom like 22, etc) mapped to the same inspection lot origin can be used while inspection lot is created, but it has to be marked as "Preferred Insp Type". If this custom MvT Z22 is not getting picked in MB1B, then we will need to check with MM team what all further dependent MM setup needed here.

b) Movement type configuration is linked to Insp lot origin. Inspection type is linked to inspection lot origin. Insp types 08, 22 are having the same insp lot origin mapped and you can use any one insp type in your Material master.

c) You need not create any custom usage at all please for this case!! I believe your normal usage "5" should be fine in activating any inspection types 08, 22 with the same usage "5" as they all belong to the same inspection lot origin. Only pre-requisite here is to check if both is selected than for one you need to flag "Preferred Insp Type" as activated.

Hope these feedback helps you.

Thanks,

Arijit

Former Member
0 Kudos

thank you

i will impliment both of  the options in our sandbox

best regards,

Dmitry

Former Member
0 Kudos

I see the point but...

I want to keep the standard configuration- for 08

I try to figure out how it possible to change on the movement type the insp lot origin from 08 to to the custom Insp type

Also if it assign the new type to the lot origin 08

Is it will be enough if I will attach the new type on the material Qm view ?

Thank you

busyaban7
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Dmitry,

When you say that you wish to retain the standard configuration for 08 - I am confused. Nitin and Nancy are absolutely correct and I believe technically you didn't need any other setup to execute your process. MvT 322 with "QM Active" activated plus inspection type "08" should solve your process. If you wish, you can still use inspection type "22" too, as it is also linked to the same insp lot origin.

There should be some solid business reason as to why you wish to change the MvT 322 to any new MvT linked to inspection lot origin "08", intern linked to your customized inspection type "22".

Now coming back to your actual queries -

A) Inspection Lot Origin is provided by default by SAP and there is no further custom origin creation possible.

B) Changing MvT 322 to some custom MvT for inspection lot origin "08" is not possible. But you can create your new custom MvT like "Z22" by copying the MvT "322". If this is absolutely required, THEN ONLY try creating your custom MvT in the following node -

Materials Management => Inventory Management and Physical Inventory => Movement Types => Copy, Change Movement Types. Please make a note of the attached discussion to do this configuration.

C) Then you should activate inspection lot creation for your custom MvT Z22 as descried by Nancy and Nitin. I am not adding the same here again.

Finally, when you do these setup, you can double check the MvT Z22 as below -

Now you have custom MvT Z22 linked to inspection lot Origin "08". Now as you already configured custom inspection type "22", linked to inspection lot Origin "08", and added the same in your material master - QM view, you can now try checking your process manually in MB1B.

In case if there is any issue with MvT Z22 not working, you can paralelly post a query in https://scn.sap.com/community/erp/logistics-mm .

Thanks,

Arijit

nitin_jinagal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Based on the information you provided, I don't sense the need for creating a new inspection type. If you only need to control the inspection lot generation based on 322 mvmt type but not for others, just deactivate it using SPRO path already given. Also, assign 08 to the material and this should serve the purpose.

This snap will give an insight of the functionality. 'QM not active' is active for other movement types except 322. Proceed this way.

ntn

Nancy
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi Dmitry,

You can set the indicator "QM not active" for a specific movement type in customizing :

QCC0 > Quality Inspection > Inspection Lot Creation > Inspection for Goods Movements > Deactivate Quality Inspection for a Movement Type

Regards,

Nancy