cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

JDI Scenario2+Step 9 - Import Version into Test says success but not deploy

Former Member
0 Kudos

I am following the JDI Scenario 2+ as found in Developer's Manual (under help.sap.com Documentation for NetWeaver04).

I am stuck at Step 9. In this step, we take the consolidated Assembly and, using CMS, we import it to the Test system.

I have a development system (PHI21811) where I have installed JDI and run the NWDevStudio to perform the steps in Scenario 2+ tutorial. I have a test system (PHI18734) which has WebAS installed that I am trying to deploy to. Both are running version SP9.

When I look in the Visual Admin on PHI18734, under server/services/WebContainer I do not see any deployed WAR for example.orgappltax~servlet.war.

I do have a test system defined in my Landscape Configurator - Runtime Systems.

When I do the Import on the "Test" tab of the CMS Transport Studio, it quickly changes the State from "Waiting for import" to "Import finished" - it only takes less than 1 second. BUT when trying to run it on my test server with the URL http://phi18734:50000/contextRoot/tax.jsp it returns a 404 error to my browser (file .../tax.jsp does not exist).

Some things I'll be checking into:

1. I do not have JDI installed on my test system, but I don't think I should need that.

2. I do not have SLD configured on the test system (in Visual Admin) nor do I recall registering my test server into the SLD running on my Development system (where JDI is installed). I have a strong suspicion on this possibility.

If anyone has some suggestions RSVP.

Thanks everyone,

Mike

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

I believe that modifying my Test WebAS (PHI18734) to point (in Visual Admin) it's SLD server to my JDI server (PHI21811). This is under services/SDL Data Supplier, on the HTTP Settings tab. If you are trying this, be sure to click the lightning bolt button afterwards to cause an immediate SLD update.

Once you do this, the Test server will show up in the JDI Server's SLD as a WebAS system.