Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

deleting user MDM 7.1

nicola_blasi
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hy

I have a little problem deleting user from MDM console 7.1.

Like admin i try to delete from admin-->users -->delete user and it answers with

Looking for connection (admin-->connection) i see old connection

Anyway i don't know how to drop these obsolete connections. from console it's not possibile.

Any idea how can do without shutdown the production MDM?

Pheraphs through SQL oracle ? I tried with A2I_CM_USERS and A2I_CM_USER_ROLES without success.

Actually the user ha a role "Default".

Thanks

Nick

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Nick,

To avoid the issue of having the old connections still alive in the system.

Enable the parameter "Session Timeout Minutes", default value for this is 24 hours.

So, if any session is inactive for more than 24 hours, server will kill the connection and remove it from the MDM Console.

Regards,

Gaurav K Sharma

nicola_blasi
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hy Gaurav

i've found a parameter called

Inactive Client Timeout Minutes = 30

Do you think parameters in mds.ini could be active dynamically?

Anyway this particular connection is up since 13 of October 2014.

I'd like to avoid a restart because last time it took 1hour to go in production system

Thanks

Nick

0 Kudos

Hi Nick

First of all, you need in Data manager check all "checked out" records  maybe some of it checked out by this user. You should  to delete this records.

Than you should to stop repository and all connection will be lost.

Than you can delete user.

Regards

Konsta

nicola_blasi
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hy Konsta

i didn't find anything regarding that user....but it's the first time that i use data manager.

Anyway Is the restart of repository, mandatory to eliminate this obsolete connection? I'm looking for a way to avoid it.

Thanks

Nick

0 Kudos

Hi Nicola

You can create/ delete user  in SAP MDM Console application ( not in Data Manager)

you can find hot to do this  in "SAP MDM Console reference guide"

Where is this place in SAP MDM Console show at the next screen:

nicola_blasi
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hy

as first message i posted, i know that about deleting the user i have to do that, from console.

The problem is deleting the obsolete connection before the user.

I know that probably a restart will solve the problem but being a production system i'm looking for a solution avoiding a restart.

Thanks

Nick

0 Kudos

Hi Nick

Sorry, but you can't delete wrong connection via Console and you can't do it without restart repository.

I don't think so that is a big problem.

In additional, you can configure "inactive client timeout minutes"  or " client ping timeout minutes" parameters in mds.ini file.

That is all.

Regards

Konsta

Message was edited by: Kanstantin Chernichenka

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Nicola,

Restarting the repository with update indices will not only update the accelerators , rebuild indexes but also remove dead connections - this should help resolve the issue.

Thanks,

Ravi