cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PAPI Service Interfaces not exposed as Web Services

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

In guide Javadoc_PAPI_SAPME_150 there are some public interfaces that are not present as Web Services in SAP NetWeaver Application Server -> Single Service Administration: Service Definitions.

The list of missing interfaces is:

ArchiveServiceInterface

BrowseServiceInterface

BrowseSfcServiceInterface

DateGlobalizationServiceInterface

DBSequenceServiceInterface

DomainServiceInterface

DynamicInvocationServiceInterface

HookExecutionServiceInterface

LocalizedServiceInterface

NumberGlobalizationServiceInterface

OverrideDefinitionServiceInterface

PortletConfigurationServiceInterface

PredefinedFieldGroupConfigurationServiceInterface

PrintingFormatServiceInterface

PrintingTransportServiceInterface

ResourceBundleGlobalizationServiceInterface

RevisionableDomainServiceInterface

RunAsServiceInterface

SchedulingStandardsConfigurationServiceInterface

SpcChartServiceInterface

TextGlobalizationServiceInterface

I don't understand if this is by design or if there are some error in the customer NetWeaver implementation.

Thank you for your help,

Filippo.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member182330
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello,

It's indicated that listed services are not published. This apparently means that they are not available as WS, but only as PAPIs. This is pretty logical as these services represent internal code and functions rather than features that should be available for WS users.

Regards,
Konstantin Chernega

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Konstantin,

thank you for your response.

Just another question: you say "It's indicated that listed services are not published" but I don't understand where it's indicated.

For example in documentation Javadoc_PAPI_SAPME_150, package com.sap.me.common, ObjectResolverServiceInterface and DynamicInvocationServiceInterface are documented in the same way and I don't see any indication that says if the interface is published as WS or not.

Best regards,

Filippo.

former_member182330
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

There is a Published column in  the txt file you attached with true/false value. BTW, where did you get this list? I remember I saw it, but forgot where exactly.

Regards,
Konstantin Chernega

Former Member
0 Kudos

The txt file that I have attached was made by me comparing PAPI interfaces documentation with NetWeaver Web Services. The txt file is not a reference or documentation made by SAP.

For this reason I need an official documentation about ME published WS.

Regards,

Filippo.

former_member182330
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Filippo,

Sorry, I must have confused published/unpublished with connected/not connected API. As I said before, PAPI you are asking about are "internal" and should not be available as PAPI WS. They may be used in your Java code, not by users through WS. I don't think there is a document that states which PAPIs should be available as WS and which should not.

Konstantin Chernega