cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How much longer until Reader 8.0 support???

Former Member
0 Kudos

How much longer do we have to wait until ACF's can be used with Adobe Reader 8.0? This is causing us some pain with our customers because they install Reader 8.0 only to find out that it does not support ACF.

Reader 8 has been out 4 months now, how much longer will it take?

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Understood, however once 8.1 is released by Adobe, then how will this fix the problem with the ACF installer as it does not recognize anything but version 6 or 7?

Is SAP going to release something as well?

former_member191062
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello,

Yes SAP will provide the xACF controls for the reader 8.1

Best regards,

Dezso

krishanu_biswas
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hello David Chin,

Sorry to pick this up a little late. SAP does have an ACF for Reader 8.0. Please check the note: <b>1036205</b>.

Reader 8.1 looks very promising. A lot fixes have been done on that and is in a very good shape.

Best Regards,

Krish

Message was edited by: Krishanu Biswas

Krishanu Biswas

Former Member
0 Kudos

Krishanu,

We have installed SP19 as mentioned in not 1036205 however we still get this error message from the ACF installer. This is why I posted my original question as to when SAP will release a fix for the installer.

<i>An unexpected situation has occured while downloading neccessary SAP components to your PC.

Please have a look on the information given below.

If this information is not sufficient to solve the problem please click on the 'Show developer traces' Button.

This will show more detailed information which will be useful for the SAP Customer Service.

Error description

Neither Adobe Acrobat 6.0/7.0 nor Adobe Acrobat Reader 6.0/7.0 seems to be installed correctly.

The SAP Adobe integration needs at least one of this products to run successfully</i>

krishanu_biswas
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hello David,

Well, thanks for coming out with some hidden information :). I tried to install the latest version of ACF following the note 766191 and i was successful. Can you make sure that you have actually tried (maybe try to run it once again from the scratch) to install the latest ACF mentioned in the above note (follow the SAPMats location there for the latest ACF). If you have tried to install an older ACF, this would certainly fail. Well, i know that you were careful on these points while doing so. Just wanted to double check.

I will try to run the installation from another PC and will update you ASAP. Meanwhle, you check your side too.

Best Regards,

Krish

Former Member
0 Kudos

Krish,

We had SP19 installed but not the lastest hotfix that was mentioned in the note. Installed the hotfix and the new ACF is now being installed for version 8. Thanks.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member191062
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello,

there are problems with reader 8.0 for handling dynamic forms. This is why this has not been released. Adobe is going to fix this problem in reader 8.1

>> I can only recommend you to wait until reader 8.1 is released.

Best regards,

Dezso