cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Interface to send the BOM-DMS link to Other Legacy System.

bayajo
Explorer
0 Kudos

Dear All,

I am Looking to MAP the Interface Between 2 SAP Systems to Send the Information Related to Document No, Version, and other Information from BOM.

I am unable to identify the table where i can get this details.

Kindly help on this.. this is very urgent requirement.

Thanks with Regards,

Baya JO

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

christoph_hopf
Advisor
Advisor

Hi Baya,

could you please provide more information what kind of BOM you mean. Do you mean a document BOM or maybe material BOM?

Normally all the BOM related data is stored in table STKO (BOM header) and STPO (BOM position).

Best regards,
Christoph

bayajo
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Cristoph,

It is the Material BOM, and Document no is assigned @ both level (Header as well as the Item Level).

I checked the tables  DRAD and DRAW.

kindly Help me.

Thanks With Regards,

Baya Jo

christoph_hopf
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi,

with this informatoin I think that transferring data by ALE using IDOC is a good option. To transfer the document info record data you can use DOCMAS IDOCs and for material data you can use MATMAS IDOC type.

For clarifying the details I would recommend you to contact your local consulting organisation because the detailed setup depends on your requirements and system environment.

Regards,
Christoph

bayajo
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Christoph,

Thanks for guidance. but DOCMAS is working for Material Master Record and it is working on CV01N.

Below are the Critical point where i am facing the problem:

1. The IDOC is not generating when any changes happended in existing Document Info

Record. is their any separate way availble to trigger the IDOC.

2. Regarding the DMS for Bill Of Material, how to trigger the IDOC for Document info Record?

I will give Sample BP:

Client is working on Engineering product, so they have the Desing Documents for Every Part as well Assenbly Desing Document for each Bill of Material (Header and Component). And Same Design Document No is Applicable for the Multiple Material Products and it will get added in to Existing Document Info Records (CV02N).

Now I needs to Genrate the IDOC to Multiple Systems in below Cases:

1. CV01N.

2. CV02N

3. After Document Info Records get linked to BOM.

hope you get clear picture.

Thanks With Records,

Baya Jo

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

We are Also working on DMS transfer and facing same problem as mentioned by Baya.

IDOC is generating while initial creation of document master with object's.

but if try to change Document through CV02N, say example we are adding one more material object, then IDOC is not getting generated.

Even when we change, Change pointer table BDCP2 is also not updating.

If BDCP2 is updated with changes, then IDOC might have triggered.

Regards,

Sukumar

christoph_hopf
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi again,

based on your description I would kindly ask you to check the settings in transaction BD50 and BD52.

In transaction BD50 please check if the "Change pointers" function is still activated for DOCMAS message type.

In transaction BD52 you can check which fields are maintained for being used as "Change pointers" for DOCMAS Idoc creation. So in this transaction there must be an entry maintained for fields that changes.

Please create also an entry  for FLDNAME = KEY with transaction BD52. This should solve the problem.

Best regards,
Christoph

bayajo
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Christoph,

Thanks for your guidance. I have some more questions related to this,

check my BP:

we have multiple sites of manufacturing and design in 3 Countries, before this stage every site have their own DMS Server, Now My Management has decided to to go for the PLM-Central SAP (for Master Data)- Site Legacy (SAP R\3).

Now the Team Center is Responsible to store the Documents in PLM and Create the Master Data including DIR, MMR, VMR, CMR, BOM, PIR, SNo. and then another interface will work to send the Data from Central System to different Site Legacy.

Now My Questions:

when ever i am trying to send the URL of attached Documents  (which physically stored @ PLM) in DIR from Central System to different Site Legacy, it is not happend when the Document Type is not set for KPro (in DC10 Transaction Code).

can you brief me on this?

what is the Impact of the KPro Setting in terms of the Memory, DB and Server Related?

Thanks with Regards,

Baya Jo

Answers (0)