cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to default data in a Complex table tree field

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ,

i have complex table tree field on a screen and i want to default a value (Rule before Data entry ) in it whenever i come to that particular screen .

Actually the value defaulted should be "None". I tried things as written below :

1. Special value None at the Transaction property for the field.

2. Special Value None for the Field itself.

3. Initial value rule to default none.

Also wanted to know , is there any UI control present (Like default the search value ) under the Complex table tree Pop-up which opens after we click on the button?

, , ,

Kindly reply .

Amrita

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

jason_latko
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Amrita,

Complex table trees are different in that they have a parent/child relationship, so a special value does not really work there.  The tree wouldn't know what children to put under the special value.  I believe you need to actually put NONE in your complex table data that you are retrieving in the java, then also set the parent to NONE for any children of this value.  Your initial value should then work once the NONE value is in the table.  Also, I don't know of any way to default the search value.

Jason Latko - Senior Product Developer at SAP

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jason ,

Now my CT has an Entry with None :

Field :

Initial Value Rule Structure :

UI is still not getting defaulted wth none

Please help.

Amrita

jason_latko
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Amrita,

Everything looks OK to me.  Are you sure the rule is returning the correct data?  I would just hard-code the initial value to a "--None--" constant without the lookup.  Everything else looks good when I compared it to the Service Manager OOB code.  Does the --None-- show up in the tree correctly when you click on it?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jason,

Even hard-coding the Value to None doesnt work instead of the look up in the Initial Value Rule.

the --None-- show up get selected and showed up on the Screen correctly .

Please help.

Thanks and Regards,

Amrita

jason_latko
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Amrita,

I am confused.  The image you are showing looks correct.  What is the problem?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jason ,

I have the "None" Entry in the Complex table and when i select it it works perfectly fine as shown in the image.

But i want that "None" to be populated automatically whenever i come to this particular transaction Screen.

That's the issue where i tried Initial Value and Update Rule to  Auto-populate the field.

I am also working on Service Manager 4.1 , please let me know if there is a standard example where i can see this.

Thanks and Regards,

Amrita

Answers (0)