Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

soap to soap query

former_member183906
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

i have a requirement in PI 7.4

sender is webapplication outside my company network. they will send webservice request to PI. here its soap sender scenario. PI will give the URL to sender webapplication. Since,its outside firewall ,do PI has to open any port for them to send request ?

receiver is SAP. PI has to send request to SAP report. for accessing SAP report as webservice,what details PI will need. I do not have idea of SAP report as webservice.any help is appreciated.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

iaki_vila
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi SAP PI,

. Since,its outside firewall, do PI has to open any port for them to send request ?

Depending your MZ-DMZ infrastructure. If you have in the MZ an apache server or similar that make the connections with PI, this is the point to open the connection. The answer is yes, but you should considerer what is your client infrastructure.

receiver is SAP. PI has to send request to SAP report. for accessing SAP report as webservice,what details PI will need

They must provide to you an WSDL and you can use a SOAP receiver to make the connection. However, this is not the better way to do the connection, you could talk with the ABAPers group to consider to use a Server Proxy for this scenario.

Regards.

Answers (0)