Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Standard Report to check the Service Activity / Element Cost Elements

MTerence
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I am trying to execute a standard report to get the cost elements assigned to services under activity / activity element.

When i execute the reports like CN47 / CN47N, i dont get the cost elements assigned into services. If the cost elements are assigned at activity level, i am able to display.

Any other options or reports available for the same.

Regards

Terence

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Paulo_Vitoriano
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Please try cost elements planning reports in PS, since you should have a cost plan data associated with service activities (even with a zero value).  If there is a structure navigation on the left side you will be able to match.

Otherwise cost element is not a part of master data, in most cases it is derived indirectly.

MTerence
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Paulo / Sammar,

I am able to get cost elements through CJI5 transaction for the activities where PR is created.

When i am going through the structure, i notice this weird assignment. Not sure whether this is one of the standard practise.

Network is assigned to service activity 10

Service Activity 10 is having commitment 100, with service exist indicator and a PR is generated.

This Service Activity 10 is assigned with Service Activity Element 20

Service Activity Element 20 is set with Never (No PR will be generated) but services are exist with value 1000.

When i am executing report CJI5 is not picking the service activity element, since there is no PR.

Is this a standard process ?

Regards

Terence

sammar81
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

Hi Terence,

The SAP system considers Service Activity and Activity element as two different cost objects so in that sense it is right behaviour. 

Because there is no PR at the activity element level which means it is only a Planned cost not a commitment Item against service element having its own PR which should come in the CJI5..

I hope i am making some sense here.

Regards

Sammar

Paulo_Vitoriano
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I have suggested to use cost planning reports because you might not have PRs and respective commitments yet.  On the other hand you should have a plan data from very beginning.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

sammar81
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

Hi Terence,

I think you need to develop it..Don't think Std. Reports drill down till activity element level.. I think most line item/ Hierarchy reports are taking the data out at activity level..

Let's wait for others to add in..

Regards

Sammar

MTerence
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Thanks Sammar,

Because i just want the master info, i dont need cost, since i can get this from other reports.

Project - WBS Element - Network - Activity - Activity Element - Service Activity cost element.

Regards

Terence

sammar81
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

Yep got it.. I now remember you had an issue with the PR release at activity element level..

somehow custom development is the way forward here as well in my opinion..

Do share the results if you are able to get it in Standard..

Thanks

Sammar