cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Table values not getting transported to BAPI

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am trying to use the BAPI BAPI_DELIVERY_GETLIST, i need to pass Delivery Information on table IT_VBELN. I imported the model in VC and have flipped the port on IT_VBELN to make it an input port.

The issue that we are facing is that table values that we add into the IT_VBELN do not get transported to the BAPI call.

Has anyone else faced a similar issue? Looking forward to your inputs.

Thanks,

Aniruddha

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gargya,

did you check the line betwenn tabe and BAPI? - Did you assign the values and did you set the mappingt scope to "All data Rows"?

You also have to check if you have defined a system action e.g. for your toolbar button.

You have to set the selection mode of the table to "Multiple".

You also can check the passed values by external debugging. I wrote a blog which you find here:

<a href="/people/marcel.salein/blog/2007/02/01/visual-composer-and-abap-rfcbapi-a-powerful-combination-part-i:///people/marcel.salein/blog/2007/02/01/visual-composer-and-abap-rfcbapi-a-powerful-combination-part-i

Hope that helps,

Best Regards,

marcel

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Marcel,

Thank you for your reply, i have already tried all you have mentioned, I have set the mapping scope to All Data Row and the selection mode to multiple.

I have also tried testing the service by using the Test Data Service option in the context menu (on right click), the values are just not being passed to the table control.

Thanks,

Ani

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gargya,

Am I right, that your BAPI BAPI_DELIVERY_GETLIST returns no value to your table?

If it returns no values you should check if you enter the correct import parameters if the BAPI requires them.

Another suggestion is that you check the BAPI via external debugging. You should activate external debugging in SE80 for your BAPI and then test the BAPI again in VC (with the same user).

I have written a blog about this, which you can find here:

<a href="/people/marcel.salein/blog/2007/02/01/visual-composer-and-abap-rfcbapi-a-powerful-combination-part-i:///people/marcel.salein/blog/2007/02/01/visual-composer-and-abap-rfcbapi-a-powerful-combination-part-i

Best Regards,

Marcel

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

It's actually the other way around, here is the scenario, I am calling a BAPI that gets a List and populating the values in a Form(on the UI side). (Till here it is working fine)

At the same time this list of values need to go into another RFC function module. I am able to send one value at a time if variables are declared on the import tab of the function module (select event of form containing table), the requirement is to send multiple values. This should be simply achievable by flipping the port of the table and assigning the table view data to the same. However this is not happening.

I have verified using external debugging that we do not get any data in the table.

I have not found any OSS messages for the same, or any example where we send multiple values into a BAPI, could you verify at your end that you are able to send multiple values as a table input to a function module/BAPI.

The function module has been tested in the backend and there are no data formatting errors, all of the probable interface issues have been addressed.

Please let me know if you would like to see the gml code for the same.

Thanks and Regards,

Aniruddha Gargya

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gargya,

Ok I understand. I have already used a RFC to write a complete table back to the backend and it works fine. Maybe you can post your model as download here in the forum than I will have a look on it. If you are not possible to post it as download let me know. I will send you my emailadress so that I will post the model here in this thread.

Best Regards,

Marcel

Former Member
0 Kudos

Not able to upload file.. please send your e-mail id.. to "Please do not post your email address here ;)"

Thanks and Regards,

Aniruddha

Message was edited by:

Gargya Aniruddha

Message was edited by:

Marcel Salein

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gargya,

I attached your file to this message.

I had a look at your model it seems that there is everything fine. I guess that the values are passed in a wrong format or that your user privilleges are not correct.

If you couldn't solve it maybe we can do a webex.

Best Regards,

Marcel

Former Member
0 Kudos

Update:

We did a webmeeting today and noticed that Gargya is on SP8, but for passing a table he needs SP9 as it is described in this thread. If he confirm this after update to SP9 we will add this information to the WIKI.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I just upgraded the system to SP11 (skipped SP09 as SP11 was the latest) and now we are able to pass table values.

Thanks and Regards,

Aniruddha Gargya

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gargya,

I'm glad to hear that it works. I added a WIKI entry <a href="https://wiki.sdn.sap.com/wiki/display/VC/Selectingmultiplevalues">here.</a>

Best Regards,

Marcel

Answers (0)