cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Restrict a PO upon creation based on vendor code (one time vendor)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

Is there a way to restrict a PO upon saving/entering an item value that will make the total PO value exceed a certain amount to a specific vendor (in my case I will use it for one time vendors) w/o using any user exit?

I did some reading online and saw that usually a user exit is suggested for these kinds of requirements, but I am just curious of the options that can be considered for this type of scenarios. I am thinking of adding release but  don't think it's practical as we already have a release in our system that doesn't involve vendors.

Thank you for the help!

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

BijayKumarBarik
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

You can have Tolerance limit  by creating tolerance group for vendors in t.code: OMRX for your company code  and assign tolerance groups to one time vendor master.

Also can think of restricting PO creation for one time vendor with one time vendor account group- create one time vendor with one time vendor account group only. Can think of having separate PO document type for one time vendors for PO creation.

Regards,

Biju K

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you for the suggestions, are there any other options?

former_member213163
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

for this purpose you can use release stratergy.

you can use structure EKKO for this purpose

With Best Regards,

Prathamesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Do you want to restrict PO based on value..... Seems you will not be able to get it in standard.

However, there are other ways - See Dev's reply above

Release Strategy looks fine for me for this kind of requirement without using Exits. However, please check for Vendor Account Group in CEKKO

former_member183424
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

As of my knowledge, There are no other option instead of badi or user exit. In a Z table, you can put the limit value with regards to the vendor, then system search for the limit value from this Z table with regards to the vendor and then will continue accordingly.