cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Inspection Lot did not create

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Experts,

Using SAP ECC 6.0 for 15 months.  We manufacture many different materials.  Have not experienced this before. The first run of a new material did not create an inspection lot. None whatsoever and went directly to Unrestricted during goods receipt.  Should have gone to QI.

Here's what I've checked.

Process Order

Goods Receipt indicates stock type = Quality inspection.

Points to a material recipe valid from 10/29/2014 with Recipe Group matching C203 for group number, production version and valid date

MM03

Related Inspection Type is defined and active.  It also is clicked to post to inspection stock.

HOWEVER, I noticed the new material is designated with Revision A tag and became valid 11/21/2014  (23 days later). So if QM inspection setup lives in MM03, it's tied to material as Material X Rev A.  Do you think this is related? If not what else should I consider?  We made the material just days ago on 1/24/15

Also, how do I get an inspection lot created?   QA01 doesn't have an option for 08.  I don't think we configured it.  Only 01 and 04 for stock relevant.

Thanks in advance.  I looked in Frequently Asked Questions.   Very Nice layout and content but didn't find this topic.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you both.  It might take me a bit to figure out SPRO. I must not have full rights since I seem to be in display mode.  I also searched for the setting, and have not found it.

I apologize if my scenario was confusing.

The order was created on 10/29/2014 last year, but we did not make the material until 1/24 this year.

In meantime, a revision to the material went through.  The material rev = 11/21/2014.  The recipe still says 10/29/2014.

My logic tells me this is the disconnect.  That because the material changed, both the order and the recipe would all need to say 11/21/2014. My peers do not think so.

I am eager to try adding the inspection type 89, but haven't gotten there yet.

former_member193808
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Susan,

when you received the material on 10/29/2014, the inspection was not active for the material (active from 11/21/2014 only). This is why it went to unrestricted.

Now, you can create manual inspection lot to record the results, which is the normal option.

08 is for stock transfer inspection. i.e, for example, if you move material from location to another loc, the material will go to quality. If you activate 08, any stock transfer will create inspection lot and stock will go to QA for any transfer.

To activate manual lot, inspection type is 89. Go to mm02 to add inspection type 89 to the material. then go to QA01 and you will be able to create inspection lot type 89 for the same.

If there are multiple materials, you can directly go to QA08 and assign inspection lot in mass.

Thanks

Prem

Former Member
0 Kudos

Please check Deactivate Quality Inspection for a Movement Type under the SPRO settings.