cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Export / Import Views being skipped

Former Member
0 Kudos

I am trying to promote a project from our Dev instance to QA but when I do 9 of the 30 Views are skipped with an XML error.  I am aware of the known issue with the project name in the xml and have opened the files to remove that.  The import of the project runs successfuly but it skips views causing downstream rules and bindings to fail when it doesn't find the view it is referencing.  I have checked the xml tags in the files and they are all well form and I don't see any formatting that is different than files that uploaded successfully.

Below is the exact error msg I am seeing in the log file:

while trying to invoke the method com.sap.icc.virtualView.ColumnReferenceType.getColumnArray() of an object returned from com.sap.icc.virtualView.MappingDefinitionType.getColumnReference()

Failed to read XML content for View {0}. Skipping import of this view. (UIM-10071)

Any suggestions on what this could be related to would be greatly appreciated. 

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

I discovered that if you use an aggregate such as count(*) where you don't reference a specific column, the xml that is generated is missing the required tags. 

There are tags for <ColumnReference><column></column></ColumnReference> that must be between the <mapping_text> and the <Data_type> tags in the xml that is generated.  The table and column referenced in the aggregate function are placed there, but if you use a * as you would in sql the tags are not generated. 

It will work fine in IS but is skipped when you import into another project.

I know there are some other known issues with exporting and importing projects expected to be resolved in the next service pack, perhaps this will be resolved too.

Answers (0)