Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fiori oData Queries timeout errors

SandipAgarwalla
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear All

We have extended the Fiori oData services to fit in our scenarios. Some of these services keep failing out giving Timeout errors.

The HTTP Connection Timeout in Gateway Server is kept high, so that it does not cause any timeout.

So the suspect is the queries are timing out in ECC itself. How do we check this, are there TCodes to confirm this?

I am assuming somewhere RFC timeout might be happening, before ECC returns the data back to Gateway. Or SQL timeouts in ECC

What are the options we have to investigate this issue and resolve (Assume the oData query is already optimized in ECC)

Appreciate if someone can help.

Thanks

Sandip

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sandip,

Are you able to figure out the solution for this timeout error, as i am also getting same error.

Regards,

Devaarth

kammaje_cis
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Sandip,

First thing would be to understand where the timeout is happening.

Few Tcodes I would look at are

/IWBEP/ERROR_LOG

/IWBEP/VIEW_LOG

/IWFND/ERROR_LOG

SLG1

/IWFND/TRACES

SandipAgarwalla
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Krishna

I looked at the logs, but didnt really find any errors/logs related to the particular time out error. I double checked, no logs under ERROR_LOG or APPS_LOG

The timeouts happen intermittently, once in a while. very strange. I looked at the console too, not much info, all it says

Connection Manager - Failed to load data

turned on the traces too, but not much info there too.

kammaje_cis
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Sandip, Can you show a screenshot of Console/Network tab?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Sandip,

tcode ST22 in ECC is a good place to start. On your assumption if oData query is already optimized to the fullest , pagination is one way, though not a perfect solution as pagination  still runs the whole query and then drops the records before sending to gateway handlers.

Some more things to do, check your table indexes ,  limit the queries by selections etc  -  might be put some date restrictions etc.

Regards,

Ram.