Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Export/Import of non-deprecated procedures

patrickbachmann
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi experts,

I'm trying to transport non-deprecated procedures for the first time and I normally export/import via delivery unit however it seems my new non-deprecated procedures are being stored at the schema level and not content/package so they are not appearing in my delivery unit.  How can I move these without CTS which we have yet to configure/use?

Thanks,

-Patrick

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

thomas_jung
Developer Advocate
Developer Advocate
0 Kudos

What exactly do you mean by new non-deprecated procedures?  Any procedure you create via the repository (hdbprocedure or procedure file or the modeler content folder) is transportable via Delivery Units. Only creating a procedure with SQL directly (CREATE PROCEDURE statement via the SQL Console for instance) is not transportable.

patrickbachmann
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Ok what I mean is when I create a new procedure in SAP HANA Development perspective in SPS8 I have option for deprecated or not.  In the past I had been still using deprecated which when saved & activated they seemed to appear in the package for my particular project and visible in the SAP Modeler perspective/content/package area. 

Example first line of proc:

CREATE PROCEDURE nameOfMyProcedure

Now I have begun using the non-deprecated default procedures and at the top of each procedure I have to specify a schema.   For example first line of proc;

PROCEDURE "MySchema"."myPackagePath.subPackagePath::nameOfMyProcedure

When I create delivery unit for myPackagePath.subPackagePath I get lots of views in my delivery unit but the procedures do not seem to appear.  If I go into modeler perspective the physical proc seems to exist under MySchema/Procedures area and is no where to be found in content area unlike the old deprecated ones.

Thanks for any insight you can provide.

-Patrick

thomas_jung
Developer Advocate
Developer Advocate
0 Kudos

>Ok what I mean is when I create a new procedure in SAP HANA Development perspective in SPS8 I have option for deprecated or not.

An hdbprocedure - absolutely those are repository objects and transportable.

>Now I have begun using the non-deprecated default procedures and at the top of each procedure I have to specify a schema.

Yes actually this is an improvement.  The old way forced all procedures into _SYS_BIC. Now you can choose the schema.

>When I create delivery unit for myPackagePath.subPackagePath I get lots of views in my delivery unit but the procedures do not seem to appear.  I

They should be there.

>If I go into modeler perspective the physical proc seems to exist under MySchema/Procedures area and is no where to be found in content area unlike the old deprecated ones.

You shouldn't use the modeler perspective to look at anything but modeled objects. Everything else (including hdbprocedure) is hidden from this tool. Use the Repositories tab of the Development perspective instead.

patrickbachmann
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Thomas thank you so much for helping me solve this mystery.  What happened was when I performed my import (containing many views and procedures) I was getting activation errors on some views.  So I re-imported with activation option turned off.  Then in MODELER perspective I could see all my various views successfully arrived yet INACTIVE status icon, and then went into each view and manually activated them.  It didn't dawn on me that my many procedures were also imported INACTIVE and that they would not still appear in modeler perspective with INACTIVE status like the views do.  They did not appear at all.  Reading your post I quickly realized I don't even have a repository setup yet in the destination system so I set one up quickly and voila there were all my inactive procedures sitting there!  So lesson learned for me is inactive views appear in modeler perspective yet inactive procedures do not.

Many thanks!

-Patrick

Answers (0)