Skip to Content

Archived discussions are read-only. Learn more about SAP Q&A

Export/Import of non-deprecated procedures

Hi experts,

I'm trying to transport non-deprecated procedures for the first time and I normally export/import via delivery unit however it seems my new non-deprecated procedures are being stored at the schema level and not content/package so they are not appearing in my delivery unit.  How can I move these without CTS which we have yet to configure/use?

Thanks,

-Patrick

replied

>Ok what I mean is when I create a new procedure in SAP HANA Development perspective in SPS8 I have option for deprecated or not.

An hdbprocedure - absolutely those are repository objects and transportable.

>Now I have begun using the non-deprecated default procedures and at the top of each procedure I have to specify a schema.

Yes actually this is an improvement.  The old way forced all procedures into _SYS_BIC. Now you can choose the schema.

>When I create delivery unit for myPackagePath.subPackagePath I get lots of views in my delivery unit but the procedures do not seem to appear.  I

They should be there.

>If I go into modeler perspective the physical proc seems to exist under MySchema/Procedures area and is no where to be found in content area unlike the old deprecated ones.

You shouldn't use the modeler perspective to look at anything but modeled objects. Everything else (including hdbprocedure) is hidden from this tool. Use the Repositories tab of the Development perspective instead.

0 View this answer in context
Not what you were looking for? View more on this topic or Ask a question