cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can we use requestResponseBean (Sync calls) with EDIseperator?

former_member593338
Discoverer
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

Need your advice on this ....

I have an EDI where I need to send the EDI to a proxy and send the response from proxy to mail.

AS2->EDISEPARATOR

EDI->SEPARATOR->Proxy.

However, the issue I am facing is : the EDISEPARATOR sender channel doesn't seem to support the RequestResponseBean/ResponseOnewaybean modules ....

I get an " catching error calling messaging system " error message.

When tried without using the modules i.e. Async calls , it works perfectly fine.

So was wondering if Sync calls are something that EDISEPARATOR doesn't support. Is there any other way to handle Sync calls.

Just FYI, when I use AS2 adapter directly with Proxy -> Sync calls have no issues.... I am facing the issue only when I try to bridge it with EDI Seperator.

Appreciate your help on this.

Thanks,

Vinithra

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vinithra,

If I am not wrong, your scenario is something like this:

AS2 -> PI -> Proxy Request

Proxy Response -> PI -> Email

If that is correct, then you need to use the RequestResponse Bean modules in the Proxy receiver channel and not in the EDI sender/separator channel.

This will enable the proxy step to be executed in sync mode, after which you can route the proxy response to the 2nd interface which will generate the email.

Hope the information helps.

Regards,

Prajeet S Jain

engswee
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Vinithra

I'm not familiar with how the EDISeparator channel works, but from your description, it looks like you are trying to achieve an Async-Sync bridge:-

Async EDISeparator request -> Sync Proxy request

Sync Proxy response -> Async Mail

The following blog is an excellent step by step guide to achieve such a bridge.

If you see from the guide, the modules required to achieve the bridge can be used in the receiver channel of the sync interface.

For your case, this would be the proxy call.

If you are on single stack, then it is very simple, as your proxy channel would be a SOAP channel with XI3.0 protocol.

However, if you are on dual stack, then you cannot use the XI channel as that is an ABAP-based adapter which cannot be extended with modules. You would need to switch to a SOAP channel with XI3.0 protocol. You can refer to section 4.3 of the following document on how to set it up.

Rgds

Eng Swee