cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Partial SAP HANA ?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello ,

I'm following an on-going discussion in my company about a partial use of HANA.

Momentarily there are no plans to switch our ERP-System running on a DB2-Database to HANA for the next 2-3 years.

However, my management is continously telling me that there might be a chance to put pieces already upfront onto HANA, like Simple Finance or PS.

Now my understandig is that this might not be possible, as I do not understand of how it could be posisble to run an ERP-System for some modules (SD, CO, MM) on a traditional database but Finance (FI) on HANA.

My understanding is that you first need to exchange your underlying database for your ERP-system first and then you might think to replace pieces by some functions/modules optimized for HANA.

I did not find any documents which would clearly explain or show such a scenario. All what I found are descriptions of the specific HANA applied functions.

Couls someone confirm or dis-confirm what I was assuming above or better guide me to some good documents describing the HANA scenarios.

Thanks

Heiko H.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Heiko, Welcome to the world of HANA. Majority of the Organizations start with their first step into HANA by replicating a set of data from the traditional Database into HANA by using a SAP Landscape Transformation Replication Server configuration This is an interesting setup provided by SAP.    The below link should help you get started with such as setup and understand the configuration http://help.sap.com/hana/sap_landscape_transformation_for_sap_hana_operations_guide_en.pdf Please put forward any other questions you may have after checking the document