cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Post installation Client copy

Former Member
0 Kudos

I installed SAP NetWeaver2004s SR2.000,001,066 client are automatically established.

Now I'm at client copy section in Installation document.

Is it necerrasy to copy 000 to new client use as production client. Why client copy?

Can not Client-000 be used as production client?

And what are the missions of Client-000,0001,066? What are the differences against each other?

Thanks.

Message was edited by:

Cemil Bozlagan

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

<b>Client 000: SAP Reference Client (SAPR)</b>

This client is shipped as an industry-neutral model company.

To create a new client, as recommended in this documentation, the SAP reference client (SAPR) should be used as the source client in the client copy procedure. The new client will then contain an executable system that can serve as the basis for further customizing, development, training, and testing.

During an upgrade to the mySAP software, client-dependent changes will be automatically updated in the SAPR. To reflect these changes in the other clients, the settings will need to be copied from the SAPR to the other clients.

The Implementation Guide (IMG) contains delta projects that highlight the changes between different mySAP releases. These projects can be used for distributing the new functionality to other clients and other systems in the landscape.

<b>Client 001: SAP Sample Client (SAPS)</b>

As stated previously, when the mySAP system is installed, the SAP reference client (SAPR) and the SAP sample client (SAPS) are identical. After the system has been upgraded, or additional languages have been imported, it is likely that the SAPR will contain customizing table entries and language-dependent text entries relevant to the new release.

The SAPS, like all other clients in the mySAP System, will not contain the new entries after the update. If this information is required in the SAPS, it will need to be transported with customizing transactions and the change management system.

<b>Client 066: SAP Early watch Service Client (SAPE)</b>

SAP provides a proactive support service for checking the performance of a customer’s system. This Early Watch Service (EWS) involves a survey of the customer system to check various performance criteria. A report is then compiled and forwarded to the customer with recommendations. These recommendations are aimed at improving system performance. The report should also alert the customer to potential problems, so that immediate, corrective action can be taken.

The SAP Early Watch service client (SAPE) enables SAP to remotely access the customer system. The client contains a user record that the SAP EWS personnel use to log onto the customer system and gather the necessary information. The user record only has the minimal R/3 authorizations necessary to allow the EWS to be performed. As the EWS personnel, survey an isolated client, it also protects the company’s confidential data in the production (PRD) system.

Normally you copy a new client for the client 000. The new client will then contain an executable system that can serve as the basis for further customizing, development, training, and testing.

Yeh you gotta perform a client copy for making other clients. Its alwaez recommended and better to use client copy to make production client.

You can use various SAP Defined Profiles to perform client copy like SAP_ALL and SAP_CUST as per the requirement.

Hope the above explanation clears your doubt.

Regards

Sumit Jain

**Reward with points if useful.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Cemil,

I've used a combination of cleints to build out the first client in a system.

Firstly, you cannot run the system from 000 - SAP does not support this.

Client 001 has user IDs that are specific to J2EE components, but 000 does not.

000 has configuration pieces needed to get a client going, and from feedback of my apps folks, 001 does not.

So what I've done is grab a SAP_ALL from 000 to my production client - say 100. After this has completed, I take a user only client copy from 001 to the production client. THis seems to be the trick. Check the recommended profile for yout system type though. PI, for instance, is picky about client copy profiles.

Good luck.

Tim