cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

"Comparision Between Solution Manager Service Desk and ServiceNow Tool"

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

Please help me with comparisons between SNOW & SAP Solution Manager service desk Tool.

Actually we are in a stage to decide to Implement  Solution Manager Service Desk Functionality or go with SNOW(ServiceNow Tool) for Incident & Problem Management.

Any pointers regarding the comparison of these two tools, will help us a lot.

Any Quick Help on this is Highly Appreciated.

Regards

Faraz

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

former_member210909
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Faraz,

We now have SNOW being used for Incidents for Non SAP related issues as well as SAP issues. But now we are integrating SNOW with SolMan ITSM.

The integration would be carried out in a way where, if incident is raised from SNOW a related incident will be created in SolMan ITSM and vice versa.

Thanks,

Rakesh B

alexander_tuerk2
Participant
0 Kudos

Dear Colleagues,

We have both tools in place. SNOW is used for the whole IT including SAP. The Solution Manager is only used for Change Management (CHARM) for SAP Systems. From my perspective the downside of the costs of SNOW are compensated by the feature and look and feal of SNOW. Solution Manager is still a tool developed based on SAP mind set and quite complicated to use.

Regards,

Alexander

tanmeya_mohan
Active Participant
0 Kudos

The main difference I can think of is cost.

ServiceNow is a paid tool, however ITSM aka Service Desk is a configuration in SAP Solution Manager.

In terms of features, they both are well-equipped with features that can be customized as per business scenarios of an organization.

Thus the deciding factor would be cost to purchase & implement Service Now, or to get ITSM configured in Solution Manager.

Best Regards,

Tanmeya

danielmueller
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi all

In fact, Service now becomes more important and I am more and more in a competitor situation (like key to help).

Anyway, I had a customer which had a very quick setup of service now... It seems realy easy to implement.  In my opinion, a benchmark with the features and function between Service Now and Solman would be very helpful.

I mean, a deep integration to change control management in Solman with ITSM as well as testing is a big advantage of Solman. Nevertheless, this is an argument for a SAP centric customer. For non SAP Applications its relative....

If took a look for our ITSM, a lot of expertise is necessary to configure ITSM according customers needs. and.. it's complex.. but it's really nice ad flexible. Anyway, I have troubles to sell ITSM to customers and get the buy in for non SAP IT departments. Mostly, it's not a question of functionality, The avareness and usability of SAP appliatons has a negative, non- userfriendly image.