Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Webdispatcher Tuning - Connection times

former_member183829
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello All,

We have configuration where ECC system connects to ADS System via Webdispatcher. (ECC and ADS both are 2 node cluster)

I have observed that connection time from ECC to ADS via Webdisp is much higher than without use of webdispatcher.

Landscape Info: SAP Webdispatcher 7.20 on Windows 2003

E.G

======================================

Case 1: ECC --> ADS

SM59 connection test time: 24 ms

Case 2: ECC --> WEBDISP--> ADS

SM59 connection test time: 2100 ms

As can been seen, when I use Webdispatcher connection time almost 90-100 times higher. This leads to performance degradation.

I want to use Webdispacher to balance load among 2 ADS cluster nodes.

Can you please suggest suggestions here so that connection times can be tuned?

Thanks.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

0 Kudos

Hi,

There is not much that can be tuned w.r.t. to the connection times, and there shouldn't be a need for it. Could this be a network issue? E.g. network between ECC and WEBDISP or between WEBDISP and ADS is slow?

BR

former_member183829
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Tobias,

Thanks for your response.

There is no network lag as all component are on same network.

In fact, Webdisp and ADS are on same physical host. Hence, ECC --> ADS or ECC--> Webdisp connection time should be same.

Is not there any config which can tune connection times?

If not then seems all who use Webdispatcher will have such time lag?

Great if you can share some pointers.

Thanks.

0 Kudos

Hi,

In the Web Admin UI of the WEBDISP, you can check the response time and last ping time in the section Monitor Application Servers. What are the times there?

BR

bxiv
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Also as a test I assume you have two different DNS entries for the Adobe servers and the web dispatcher?  Do traceroutes from ECC's OS level report the same number of router hops (if any)?  This would rule out a networking issue between ECC and the dispatcher.

Are the Adobe servers configured the same for hardware and from the config tool do you have the same Java VM settings (heap, server processes, etc)?  ECC could be balanced to a Java node that doesn't have enough resources.

former_member183829
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Billy,

I have performed tracert from ECC system to both ADS and Web-disp host. Both are having same router hops. Hence, does not seems to be anything wrong at network level.

Also, both ADS nodes have exact same config for number of Server processes, heap etc.

Hi Tobias,

I have checked Response time values in Web admin Interface. There is difference between both the nodes' values. Node 2 (651ms) has slightly higher response time of Node 1(581ms).

Node 1:

Response times (us)

Last582174
Avg581446
Min2967

Node 2:

Response times (us)

Last648945
Avg651394
Min

However, above response times are not that huge that I get ard 2100 ms response time via Webdispatcher and that also just checking RFC in SM59. (not even loading pdf form).

Any other area to check for?

Thanks.