cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Client copies.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

Hope someone can help. I am doing a role out of client copies on our landscape.

When i do the client copy on day one from client 50 to 51 it takes 13 hours.

On day two when i do the cleint copy from client 50 to 52 with the same data set it takes 8 hours any ideas why it would take an extra 5 hours?

Thanks

John

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

It depends upon your hardware configuration & load too, as other day, while i was copying it hardly took me 2 hrs, as against of first time, when it took almost more than 10 hrs.

I too was searching for technical answer, but so far, no luck. So my assumption is load on system & it's hardware configuration.

If anyone has any valid technical answer, please do share it.

Thanks,

Anand.

Former Member
0 Kudos

John,

Sounds like hardware resource contention. You'll need to analyze what else was happening on the server during that time - like maybe you're fighting with backups Maybe too there was a statistics refresh on the system between the runs - this can really speed up table acesses.

Also, if this is not production, you may want to entertain turning off archiving at the DB level during the run. Also, are you using parallel processes for the CC runs? This can make the process roll faster.

Hope this helps,

Tim

Former Member
0 Kudos

John,

I am not sure if someone/ some job is accessing the Tables in the source client when the client copy is bieng done. This should not be the case coz the source client should not be used by anyone/job during the copy.