cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Barcode and PDF document printing in SAP MII

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I am using SAP MII 15.0, one of my requirement is to print the Barcode and PDF file automatically.

I have came across the link below which tells to print the label

http://scn.sap.com/community/manufacturing/mii/blog/2014/08/17/industrial-label-printing-with-mii

In the above document, I can send only the string as a message in the PCo query CALL SEND(address=’127.0.0.1’, port=’20000’, message=’Hello World’);

Is that possible to send the document to the printer?

I am using the PDF action block.Can any one tell me how to print the document automatically?

Also, if my printer is connected to client, how it can be printed from client PC?

Regards

G.P

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Parthee,

In MII 15.0 SP3, ADS Printing Action is added. You can give it a try and revert back if it works.

Regards,

Prashant

former_member203984
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Prashant,

Me too trying the same and if you can please help on this thread

Regards

G.Partheeban

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

Can any one please help on this.

Regards

G.P

swaroop_anasane
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Gnanasambandan,

You can use tagfixed query mode and specify params for message.

Later you can supply these from transaction using link expression editor.

Have not tried it ever, but I guess this should work.

Thanks and Regards,

Swaroop

former_member203984
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Swaroop,

Trying this but not able to ...

CALL SEND(address='[Param.1]',port='[Param.2]',File='[Param.3]');

Can you please add your inputs?

Regards

G.Partheeban

swaroop_anasane
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Parthee,

Apologies, but link editor cannot get output of a pdfdoc as a Param. I think it only accepts string.

Rest ADS Printing Action looks promising to me.

Good luck.

-Swaroop

former_member185280
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

In a lot of ways shop floor printing can be considered a major project on its own. If your implementation has a printing infrastructure in place then I recommend leveraging that as much as possible. This may include having to develop custom actions or interfaces to other systems. Most industrial concerns will use printing and management software like those provided by Peak, Loftware, and Bartender. I am sure there are others.

So to address your questions. Being able to use the PCo interface to send a document to a printer would depend on the specific printer and it's capabilities. You would have to research manuals and developer guides provided by the manufacturer.

If you have a document you would like to print from the server you would have to interface with a print server or other mechanism provided by some software as mentioned above, interface with some other system like ECC that can do the actual printing, or possibly write a custom action to print to a printer connected to the MII server.

For printing on clients, unless you have developed a thick client the best you can do is push the document to the browser for the user to print.

Regards,
Christian

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi chris,

I have to do via SAP MII and their is no other option.

In the above document, I can send only the string as a message in the PCo query

CALL SEND(address=’127.0.0.1’, port=’20000’, message=’Hello World’);

Is that possible to send the document from MII?

Is there any command like below for pushing the document to the printer so that it will be useful?

CALL SEND(address=’127.0.0.1’, port=’20000’, message=’Hello World’);

Also please let me know any idea of printer used, which will help ?

Regards

G.P

former_member185280
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Sorry GP, I don't have any more advice to give on the subject.

Regards,
Christian