cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Getting Export parameter by using Rule

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ,

Is they any problem to get export parameter by using Rule.Right now i am getting agent by using the Rule,In the rule i am calling z function module to know the approval's and know the final level also.If final level come i need to complete the workflow.

We can achieve this by using the method is they a problem to do same by using Rule.

I have check in SCN also but no clue for this solution.Can any one please suggest how to solve this.

Thanks,

Naresh.K

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (6)

Answers (6)

former_member186746
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Rules are use for agent determination. If you not only want agent determination but also extra data related to the agent then you have to create a method and a bg task to retrieve that (or possibly a virtual attribute depending on the scenario).

Kind regards, Rob Dielemans

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Naresh,

There is no Export option in Rule, however you can use the z function module in obj type, method in a task. and then export the value  using swc_set_element container to the workflow. Update the container with the varaible with import/export as needed.

regards

Gokul

former_member185167
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

"In the rule i am calling z function module to know the approval's and know the final level also"

Just create a step in the workflow that calls a task that calls a method that calls that FM.No need to use a rule.

anjan_paul
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

To comlete the workflow use Wait for event followed by Process Control step in your workflow. And raise event  from Rule based  on your conditions

Former Member
0 Kudos

I don't think you can "export" data from a rule. (Well, the rule result I perhaps can, but that's a different story). I might be wrong too, maybe there is some trick.

Anyhow, I would not include that kind of functionality in a rule. Rule is for finding agents, and that's all. You might want to include the whole agent & approval level finding logic in a separate background step. Just return the agents into a container element, and use that container element in the agent determination of your actual approval step. In addition of returning the agents, you can return the approval level from your background step. It should be straightforward and easy.

Regards,

Karri

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Naresh,

I never tried Rule for multiple approvals.

Always Business object/Class is the best option for multi level approvals.

You need to pass the index of the current approval to rule and you have to get the final approval flag from Rule. The recommended option is business object / class.

Thanks,

Vijay.