cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

upgradation from WM5.3 to WM6.2

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Experts,

I am trying to upgrade from work manager 5.3 to Work Manager 6.2 on SMP 3.0.In our work manager so many customization exists.

so when I am trying to upgrade I found few difficulties like

com.syclo.sap.AgentryObject, com.syclo.sap.Property, Repossitory classes are used in the customization which exists in WM5.3 and these same classes doesn't exists .So what are the replacement for these classes.

Please help me out.

Thanks & Regards

Vijay

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

bill_froelich
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Vijay,

You are proabably best off starting with the OOB WM 6.2 and then selectively bringing in your changes from WM 5.3.   This is especially true if you are using Windows clients as the Windows screens have been updated to be more like the tablet screens.

Another big change is that the Java has been updated to use JCo 3 now so there are a number of changes related to that as well that will make starting with WM 6.2 the right choice.

--Bill

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Bill,

Thanks for your reply, Basically I am JAVA developer. I don't know about WM6.2 API So I need some guidance in exploring API and customization procedure.Please suggest how we can  incorporate customization.

Regards

Vijay

bill_froelich
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Vijay.

You should probably start with the Agentry basics and then move onto Work Manager.  For Agentry basics you can look into the MOB300 SAP class and follow on with the MOB310 class.  There is also a tutorial for building an Agentry application against SAP from scratch that will cover some of the concepts.

--Bill

Answers (0)