cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bin selection logic in the transfer order.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Currently purchase order  goods receipted & auto transfer order is created in the background. Some time TO is not created due to the reason that bin is not mentioned in the material master for destination storage bin. In such cases we want that TO to be created with default bin P1 for example. Which userexit can be used to do such development for storage bin fill up.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

MANIS
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

selection of destination storage bin depend on put away strategy which you define in the storage type also you define the respective search strategy against that and then finally bin gets selected. As your ur thread you mentioned that "bin is not mentioned in the material master for destination storage bin." does this mean are you talking about fixed bin putaway strategy ? if yes then my advise is that you correct your master data rather then doing some additional development

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes it s fixed bin strategy. Also soem storage type does not have putaway strategy  assigned to it. I assume in this case storage type is determined but not storage bin.

We don't want to have unidentified TRs so some time if master data is not maintained then in such case it should  use default bin P1

MANIS
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

When storage type is not having any value then how did u decided that it is fixed bin strategy ?

Former Member
0 Kudos

some storage types  have fixed bin strategy F &  some storage type  have putaway strategy field blank.

MANIS
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

when it is fixed bin then system is not going to refer the storage type search hence when you say some are blank and some are having put away strategy as F doesn't make sense.

I believe you need to clearly mentioned your business requirement so that we can provide solution.The above information is incomplete from fixed bin strategy perspective