cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

increasing the size of select options - how to ?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello experts,

I am facing a scenario where my selection screen(with select options only) is small. I mean its around 30% only in the full screen. and this container sits at the top left corner as usual.

I used100% width and other layout properties to increase but I am not getting the things as expected.

But is there any way to increase the size of font or making them bold in web dynpro for select options.

Please advise.

Thanks in advance ,

bhaskar

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Above is my screen area. When I use the select options component, only 40% of screen area is covered.

I am mentioning about the increasing the size of select options shown above. I tried with incresing the size of UI container but that is not useful for my requirement.

jayanthi_jayaraman
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

If description can be made lengthy, then you can increase size of description by providing more value in I_DESCRIPTION in ADD_SELECTION_FIELD.

Another option is to refer this field to reference data element with larger size. Example: NACHN reference will be bigger than VBELN, since the length is more.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jay,

thank you for your reply.  the suggestion is not exactly fulfilling my requirement the empty space given in description is being condensed automatically.

I am exactly looking for any attributes that select options component is having or anything can be changed via themse. Please help me on this.

thanks,

Bhaskar

somnath
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Bhaskar- Not sure if this will help , still sharing :

1. I assume you have taken the field as a data dictionary object. For e.g. in my demo app, I have used MATNR as a field to be displayed in selection screen.

2. In that case system will automatically take the field properties and render to the screen accordingly.

3. It is not needed still I have taken a group and in side that I have placed my view container under which I will be displaying my select option field.

4. I have taken the visibility of that group as 100%.

5 and here is the outcome:

- Thanks , Somnath

jayanthi_jayaraman
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

This is what I had done and it is displaying the description lengthy without condensing.

Since the input box is related to data dictionalry, I believe either you need to define your own dictionary element with required space or otherwise, you may need to follow somnath's approach.

CALL METHOD Lv_R_HELPER_CLASS->ADD_SELECTION_FIELD
  EXPORTING
    I_ID                         = 'NACHN'
    I_DESCRIPTION                = ' ..........ABCD............'
    IT_RESULT                    = lt_range.

somnath
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi - A screen shot will be easier to understand. Can you please attach one? - Thanks , Somnath