SAP for Public Sector Discussions
Foster conversations about citizen engagement, resource optimization, and service delivery improvements in the public sector using SAP.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Profit Center as fund center

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have created Cost Centers as Fund Centers for Expenses and Profit Centers as Fund Centers for Revenues. Now I have posted one vendor invoice vide transaction code FB60. The fund center derived by sytsm is a profit center which is attached to the cost center. Is this the stadard behviour? Becuase I have budgeted the items against the fund center which is created against the cost center. I want system to derive the fund center which is based on the cost center and not the one which is based on profit center.

How do I resolve this? Please advise

Shailesh

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

sjajodia
Contributor
0 Kudos

Shailesh

Please check your derivation rules. You can enter conditions in the rule that derives a fund center based on the profit center such that it applies only for revenue entries.

Thanks

Shyam

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8

sjajodia
Contributor
0 Kudos

Shailesh

Please check your derivation rules. You can enter conditions in the rule that derives a fund center based on the profit center such that it applies only for revenue entries.

Thanks

Shyam

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Tried to make the derivation rule as under:

Source Field: Proft Center

Target Field: Cost Center

Condition: for Commitmnet Item < 4XXXXX (as we have expenses starting with 4 & revenues starting with 3).

Is anyting I need to modify? Pls advise..

Regards

Shailesh

Eli: I got your point, but I need revenues to be budgted, we budget them as per profit centers...

iklovski
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

What do you mean by target field 'cost centre'??? You are not deriving cost centres, but FM assignment: fund centre, commitment item, etc. If you want to derive fund centre, based on G/L account (which I repeat does not make sense), you have to create the rule accordingly: source field (G/L), target field (fund centre) and fill the values. Alternatively, source field 'profit centre', target field 'fund centre' and condition G/L starting with 3*.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Eli,

Extremly sorry, it was Fund center only.. And Thaks a million, it is done. Now I am not getting profit center as fund center for my expenses...

Thanks again,

Shailesh

iklovski
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

No problem

iklovski
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

There is no 'standard behaviour' as such for derivation of FM assignment: it all depends on your derivation rules. Please, notice that defining fund centres separately for cost centres and profit centres does not make much sense. Fund centres are budgetary objects and should combine all together revenues and expenses or concentrate on expenses exclusively.

Regards,

Eli

ankit_agarwal8
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Shailesh,

In this type of structure, You should edit derivation rule which combines profit center and fund center. In that rule you insert a new condition that this rule will be applicable only for some specified revenue GL.

Regards,

Ankit K. Agarwal

0 Kudos

Thanks all for your helpful reply as always.................