Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Do not see connections from analysis for excel

former_member254358
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have just installed analysis for excel (SP9) on excel 2013 x64 but when I go to select the data source I don't see the connections to BW. I also installed SP10 for windows 7 x64 and excel 2013 x64 but the same.

The connection to BW exists.

Can anybody help me?

Thanks in advance.

Regards.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

filipe_zeuch
Advisor
Advisor

Hi David,

Analysis for Office 1.4 SP10 will search for the "saplogon.ini" file (which contains the connections to your BW system) in the following order:

1. SAPLOGON_INI_FILE environment variable
  2. SAPGUI Options custom path (from registry)
  3. %APPDATA%\SAP\Common
  4. %WINDIR%, usually C:\Windows

For more information regarding the system connections to SAP Netweaver, please refer to chapter 5.5 (page 32) of the Admin Guide that you can find by visiting the link http://help.sap.com/boao.

If you want to debug your scenario, the log files may help you to check whether AO could find the "saplogon.ini" file or not, and which "saplogon.ini" file AO is using following the steps below:

1. Change the log severity to "debugging information" in Support Settings of AO;
  2. Close MS Excel;
  3. Reproduce the scenario in AO (i.e. try to insert a data source);
  4. Open the log file "SAPAdvancedAnalysisXLS.log" and search for some entries like:
    - Environment variable SAPLOGON_INI_FILE is empty
    - Registry key not found: Software\SAP\SAPLogon\Options\
    - Ini file does not exists: C:\Users\<USER>\AppData\Roaming\SAP\Common\saplogon.ini
    - Ini file does not exists: C:\WINDOWS\saplogon.ini
    - Warning: No saplogon.ini file found

If you find the warning above, AO could not find your "saplogon.ini" file. Otherwise, searching for some of the entries above you will be able to find which "saplogon.ini" file is being used by Analysis for Office in your scenario.

Regards,
Filipe Zeuch

former_member254358
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Filipe,

you are right, in log file I have this error:

Environment variable SAPLOGON_INI_FILE is empty

I guess I have only to add the AO in the environment variables.

Is it necessary to do anything more?

Thanks a lot.

former_member254358
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have another question related to this.

Where is the saplogon.ini in w7 x64 and sap gui 7.40.

I cannot find it in my HD.

Thanks again.

Regards.

TammyPowlas
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello David - mine is located in C:\Windows directory

former_member254358
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Tammy,

not in my case.

Looking this article

it says that the .ini is in C:\Users\user\AppData\Roaming\SAP\Common and in my case this folder is empty.

Checking another computer the .ini is in this path...and is fine

What I don't know where has left the .ini in this computer with problems....

TammyPowlas
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Can you copy the saplogon.ini from another computer (where it is working) to your computer and see if that fixes the problem?  I have done that before and got things working - not for Analysis but for Crystal 2013.

former_member254358
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Tammy,

yes, replacing the folder common with mine (which works fine) now I can see the connections in Analysis.

Thanks a lot.

Regards.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

After installing SAP 7.4 & BC 5.0 (saplogon.ini not anymore local), Connections are not vailable in Analysis 2.2. I copied old saplogon.ini in Windows and Common Folders, but is not working.

Thanks for the feedback

TammyPowlas
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Luisana - this is an old thread; that said, please review and if you need more help, please create a new thread and share more details, such as where the saplogon.ini file is stored

Former Member

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

TammyPowlas
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Is the Microsoft Office version 32 bit or 64 bit?  If your MS Office is 32 bit then you need to install the 32 bit Analysis Office, even if you are on a 64 bit Windows operating system

former_member254358
Participant
0 Kudos

w7 x64 and excel 2013 x64.

analysis has the correct sp installed depending SO x64 and excel x64.

In previous installations I always installed analysis for w7 x64 ans excel 32 bits, so that it the first time with x64 and x64.

TammyPowlas
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

David - SAP just released this note last week re: 64 bit - does it apply to you as well? http://service.sap.com/sap/support/notes/2118372

former_member254358
Participant
0 Kudos

The article is for windows 8 and in my case the computer is windows 7 x64.

Now I have just formated the computer and, with w7 x64, I have installed excel 2013 32 bits but the same problem.

Once I open analysis for excel,

Insert (menu)

> select data source

and it shows the window "select data source" but in the "visualize connections" I only see the local connection and it is in grey (diasbled)..

former_member110741
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi David,

currently latest patch SP is available, 1.4 SP 10 Patch1

can you try with that latest patch it might help

I checked in Win7 64 bit Office 2013 32 bit and it shows all the connections for me

and for local connection in grey(disabled) - this is always greyed out only even you have system connections present or not- this only gets enabled if you connect to BIP Platform

In Netweaver it just reads System connections from SAP Logon pad and it shows

Regards,
Subhash

former_member254358
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Tammy,

yes we installed the las patch and the same.

former_member254358
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Subhash,

yes we have tried with the last patch but the same problem.

Sorry, you are right the locals connections is in grey and what I don't see are the connections availables in SAP Gui. In the rest of installations no problems.

It's very strange. This is the first time I have this problem.

Please help.

former_member110741
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

I am out of the suggestion

in my platform - I have SAP gui 730 and its working. lets see if we get any other inputs if not you may open incident