Neelima

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

my understanding:

1. Business logic is written by ABAP, and this will not changed in the furture.

but it could be in ABAP OO more and more;

2. Webdynpro(both ABAP and JAVA) are User Interface technology

3. from project implementation point of view, i prefer Webdynpor for ABAP,

because it's integrated into SE80 and the standard transportation, and

it's run in ABAP world , all the existing functions can be reused easily;

but for WDJ, you have to go through RFC, and according to my experience, it's quite unstable, also for performance it's not so good.

4. WDJ is good to customers with strong IT forces, they have their own development team, JAVA is more easy for them to learn and integrate sap with their existing system.

5. I believe WDA will become the standard development tools for sap delivered solutions.

br.

jun

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Neelima ,

Answer to Q . Why SAP has taken Java for their development instead of ABAP completely ?

First of all in my view SAP has not taken Java as Such instead of ABAP .

But you nowdays whole lot of java is coming in SAP by doors of SAP NetWeaver .

Now why they choosed java only <b> IN MY VIEW</b>

1) Java is open source so SAP in tie up with SUN can develop SAP specific API’s and that’s what happenings . In Net Weaver Developer studio (NDS of SAP like eclipe of Java ) we use packages ,classes , methods for SAP.

2) In my view Java is rocking in Web world , Every single popular product ( like IBM MQ series , Oracle Apps ) is making use Java for making things web based .

So why not SAP .

3) Now data ultimately data is getting saved in XML . And java is best to deal with that . In SAP also Idoc data is stored in XML and so same data can be used anywhere inspite of Platform , technology .

4) Java has much established base of web Solution , Web services .They have got beautiful architecture so that Best Web sevices can be developed with EJB (Enter prise java beans ) , sturts and all .

5) Now It’s time for SAP to be Mobile Enabled .i.e. to Run SAP over PDA , Blackberry .Such solutions possible with SAP + Java combination .Java provides that framework to understand Mobile OS platform.

6) Another thing now Its time of EAI (Enterprise Application Integration) . Integration is future . Multiple product integrated and used togetherly , exchanges data. Take case SAP’s message goes to Sieble , people soft .For this Java + XML is best suied as both product understand it .

Utimately SAP is Using java to provide Best Web ERP solutions

But it does not mean ABAP is not there. With webDynpro ABAP you can do every thing that WD java does . In fact incase if you have existing ABAP recourses then use WD ABAP for developing web services in SAP. In uses OO ABAP as base programming language .

Please refer to this link

so hope your question is cleared

Cheers

<b>Parry</b>

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you Parry for ur detailed explanation.

My doubt is cleared.

Thank u once again.

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi it seems you have forgot to reward points .

Please click on appropriate option button .

Cheers

Parry