cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Automatic Source of supply selection for Dependent orders.

former_member476084
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

I have a scenario where we have one FG (F1)  with two assembly components S1 and S2 .Assembly components have their own routings.All the master data is exist in APO as well.An order is created for FG and dependent requirements are generated on assembly Components S1 and S2.Please see below to find the clear picture of routings and operations

In ECC

Operations for FG

Op3

Op4

Operations for S1

Op1

Operations for S2

Op2

We have four resources in Line 1 - R1,R2,R3 and R4

Line 2 - R11,R12,R13 and R14.

Operations are dispatched accordingly in routing.

Op1 - R1,Op2 -  R2, Op3 - R3 and Op4 - R4

In APO

PDS created for S1,S2 and FG

Each having two different PDS consisting resources of Line 1 In PDS 1 and Line 2 in PDS 2

My requirements is when order is created against a requirement for FG then dependent requirments is generated for S1 and S2.After MRP run orders are created against dependent requirement.Now if i see the relationship for FG order in Ds Board I can see the dependent orders also.Since my op4 is a bottleneck resource, if there is not much capacity available to produce the order qty then I try to swtich the order from Resource R4 to Resource R14.I am just dragging the order from one resource to other resource but the problem is I want my S1 and S2 orders should also automatically move from R1 to R11 and R2 to R12.

For Finished good's order source of supply is changing but for Assembly components orders its is not changing automatically.Please provide some solution how I can achive this scenario in PPDS.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Debasis,

Please check your DS strategy profile tab Strategy Parameters for dependent objects if Retain Current Modes is selected. It should not be selected! 

Also check if the pegging is considered and Consider Resource Network is selected.

Hope that can help you!

Thanks.

Regards, Marius  

former_member476084
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Marius,

The settings are selected in Strategy profile.

Thanks

Debasis Nanda

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Debasis,

Retain Current Mode should not be selected!

Thanks, Marius

former_member476084
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Marius,

You are correct but even after changing facing the same issue if I move my FG material how my Semifinished orders will move.PDS for FG and Semifinished components are different.If I am dragging my order from one Line 1 to another my PDS is changing for FG.Now the problem is semifinished component orders are moving automatically to line 2.Please provide a table or function module through which I can retrieve my dependent orders on Semifinshed components.

Thanks

Debasis Nanda

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Debasis,

When you move the FG from L1 to L2 you will do a re-explosion of the BOM based on the second PDS version.

In the PDS of FG you must have as components assembly S1 and S2. FG PDS version1 must match S1 version1 and S2 version1. FG PDS version2 must match S1 version2 and S2 version2.

I can't see in your set up the Op11, 12,13 and 14 for L2! These operation have to be used for version2! 

When you will move the FG order from L1 to L2 you will trigger also Op11,12,13,14 in the same time. So, you will change the work centers through the operations.

Hope that can help you!

Thanks.

Regards, Marius 

former_member476084
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Marius,

Thanks for your quick response.Your logic is absolutely correct even I have been thinking about the same logic.Can you be more specific on how we can trigger the dependent PDS.The challenge is to trigger the dependent PDS.

Thanks

Debasis Nanda

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Debasis,

The explanation how to trigger dependent PDS is already done in the my precedent reply;

"In the PDS of FG you must have as components assembly S1 and S2. FG PDS version1 must match S1 version1 and S2 version1. FG PDS version2 must match S1 version2 and S2 version2."

The PDSs for S1 and S2 are as substructure in the PDS for FG!

Thanks, Marius

former_member476084
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Marius,

I understood what you are trying to say.But I need to implement this.What I need is how system will identify the pegged planned orders for S1 and S2 in system.First the explosion will be done at FG level and then how the system will identify the dependent planned orders for S1 and S2.I am stuck here.I need something technical like from which table or FM I can get the dependent orders.If you can give a proper table or FM it will be really helpful for me.

Thanks

Debasis Nanda

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Debasis,

Try with this  BAPI_PPDSSRVAPS_GET_IO_NODES.

Also check this link;

http://scn.sap.com/message/15680382#15680382

Thanks, Marius

former_member476084
Participant
0 Kudos

HI Marius,

I really appreciate your reply but can you provide some more links.Actually I am planning to create a Z heuristics which should first find the pegged orders on DS board,once the S1 and S2 orders are identified,then should compare the PDS of FG and S1 and S2 and based on the PDS selected at FG level system should select the PDS for S1 and S2.

Heuristics will be executed only when the Order for FG is dragged from Line 1 to Line 2.

To Identify the pegged orders I am planning to use FM /SAPAPO/EFPL_ORD_NET_GET.

Please provide your feedback on this.

Thanks

Debasis Nanda

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Debasis,

In my opinion you choose the hard way. Normally with the right set up of the PDSs you should have the desired results. To change the source of supply and then re-explode the BOM based on the new PDS version it's a standard process. You should not complicate your life by creating a new heuristic!

I think that you have to combine FM /SAPAPO/EFPL_ORD_NET_GET with BAPI_PPDSSRVAPS_GET_IO_NODES to can achieve what you want. You need to have PEGID to link SKU, work center, PDS, location, etc..

However I whish you good luck!

Thanks, Marius  

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

former_member476084
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi babu,

We have already proposed the solution to business but we haven't implemented yet .

We will do the changes once this is approved.

Thanks

Debasis Nanda

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Debasis,

I have a similar requirement , can you let us know were you able to resolve this scenario.

Thanks

Rao

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

For the benefits of the others consultants, please indicate the good or the helpful answer!

Thanks, Marius

former_member182449
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Depasis

In SCM 7.0 EhP3  the Heuristic which can be used to achieve your requirement

Multi-resource scheduling heuristic (SAP_MULT_SCH)

This Heuristic Allows alternative resources to be modeled using not only modes but also alternative sources of supply

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_apo700_ehp03_on_erp/helpdata/en/88/122c2c98044aeeb94633a51e989360/conten...

Regards

Rami

former_member476084
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Rami,

Thanks for your quick response.

Just want to ask whether this heuristic only work in Process MFG or it will work in all scenarios.According to the link which you provided it tell that the heuristics is used in Process MFG. In our case we are using Discrete and Repetitive.Also I cannot see this heuristics in SPRO.

Thanks

Debasis

I

former_member182449
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Debasis

No , it can be used also in Discrete Manufacturing , as APO point of view PDS is master  data which can be transferred from routing or recipe

This Heuristic can be find in SCM 7.0 EHP2  only according to this link :

https://websmp207.sap-ag.de/~form/handler?_APP=00200682500000002672&_EVENT=DISPLAY&_SCENARIO=0110003...

what's the your SCM Version ?

Regards

Rami

former_member476084
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Rami,

My SCM version is 7.0

Thanks

Debasis

former_member476084
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Rami ,

I have a query regarding this heristics.My main issue is my semifinished component orders should change the PDS automatically as soon as the FG order source of supply is changed.

Can we acheive this with this heuristics?

It is no where mentioned in the link that it will change the source of supply  for dependent orders.

Thanks

Debasis  

former_member182449
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Debasis

When you run PPDS , he consider all FG and semi finished product (Dependent Requirement)

As the dependent requirement has order he for sure he will deal with it .

Regards

Rami