Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Tracking for container

former_member193027
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

We want to implement container tracking in event management whereby once we put the container ID in EM Web UI , we should get the assigned FU based on the same and the corresponding freight booking.Can you let me know in details the set up for the same.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Dipak,

Two ways:

1. If the container ID already present in existing event handlers, then you can bring it into Search Profile configuration to make additional query to bring assigned FU and Freight Booking (if these already extracted and linked into it).

2. You can make a separate tracking scenario to create a new handler type (Tracking ID as Container Number) specifically for container tracking, map all control, system parameters, info parameters, define existing events, set ruleset (if applicable) etc and link FU & Freight Booking.

Regards

GGOPII

former_member193027
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

For point 2, can you kindly provide more details so that I can set up in the system.

former_member186607
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Dipak,

you can check the standard event handler types ODT30_FU and ODT30_TO with the related web interface transactions/user profiles ODT30_SHIP_FU/ODT30_SHIPPER_FU and ODT30_SHIP_BO/ODT30_SHIPPER_BO. Both event handler types have a control parameter ODT30_CONTAINER_ID, which holds all container IDs that are assigned to the related freight document in TM. And both user profiles have a selection parameter to search with the container ID.

So the only step that is missing compared to what is available already in the standard is that you get event handlers of both types in one web interface transaction: If I understand you correctly you would like to search with the container ID and the get a search result list with freight unit event handlers AND freight booking event handlers. Typically one web interface transaction refers to exactly one event handler type to allow a performant search, but it is also possible to include more than one EH Type. You have the following possibilities:

1) Enhance one of the exisitng selection profile with hidden search field for additional event handler type

2) Create new event handler type that is used for freight unit and freight bookings

Some information regarding option 1) you can find in this document: http://scn.sap.com/docs/DOC-51557

Best regards, Daniel

former_member193027
Participant
0 Kudos

Daniel,

Thx a lot for sharing your info.

Also can you kindly inform based on the settings you have defined, can we also follow the below enclosed link:

http://scn.sap.com/docs/DOC-40391

former_member193027
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

Can you kindly confirm if the setting which is specified by me in the link will also help in the set up.

former_member186607
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

the document describes how you can get expected events on container level on a booking. This is not directly related to what I described above. It should be possible to combine the above described approach with the one described in the document. But if you do not need the expected events per container on the booking, then you should use this document to avoid unnecessary complexity.

Best regards, Daniel

former_member193027
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Daniel,

Thx for the confirmation.I was also going through the document on resource tracking which you had prepared and there as part of reource type under TU, containers are speciifed there.I hope we dont need to activate ODT30_TU based on the requirment I had provided earlier?

former_member186607
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Dipak,

ODT30_TU is only necessary if you have the requirement to work with transportation units in TM and you want to track these separately. I do not think, that you need this for your scneario.

Best regards, Daniel

Answers (0)