cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to execute on BI Platform - only for .unx data sources

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello everybody,

we are using BusinessObjects 4.1 SP05 (but it did not work with older versions either) and have a problem executing Analysis Applications on BI Platform. Already searched in the community, but haven't found a solution yet.

All data sources (BEx Queries and .unx universes) work fine when executed locally, but if we try to execute it on BI Platform it shows an error (see file attached). It shows the same error when logging on to BI Launchpad and opening files there.

The universe works fine in Web Intelligence. We CAN execute Analysis Applications on BI Platform when using BEx Queries as a data source. It only fails for universes.

Any ideas?

Thanks in advance,

Daniel

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear all,

we opened an OSS note to SAP and got an answer. Now it works fine, the reason was that the Adaptive Connectivity Service properties were missing in the Adaptive Processing Server that is hosting the Analysis Application Services.

Solution:
- Stop Adaptive Processing Server that is hosting the Analysis Application Services (or stop the server and add the AAS if not yet included)

- Add the Adaptive Connectivity Services in 'Select Services' and restart the server

- Server is running with errors, Adaptive Connectivity Service did not start (at least for us, SAP said it should work including the service only, but did not for us)

- Go to properties and copy the whole command line parameters

- Stop Adaptive Processing Server, remove Adaptive Connectivity Services

- Replace the command line in properties with the copied command line including the parameters from Adaptive Connectivity Services

- Restart Adaptive Processing Server

-> now it works.

Thanks to Tammy for your ideas!

Kind regards,

Daniel

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I am facing the same issue with UNX universe on MS Access 2007 in DS 1.5 SP0 Patch 0 with BI 4.1 SP5 Patch 4.

It is working fine with SQL relational universes but failing with UNX on Access 2007 and Excel 2007.

Cannot load infoprovider "DSL/<Universe CUID>" (data provider "DS_1": Exception occurred during creation)

Please let me know if you have come across this scenario and hopefully found a solution that you can share

Thank You

Siva

TammyPowlas
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Siva - this is a closed thread; did you try the solution provided by Daniel?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Tammy,

Thank you for a response. I have tried the solution suggested by Daniel, It did not resolve the issue. I would open up a new thread.

Regards

Siva

former_member197738
Participant
0 Kudos

Thank you Daniel for updating the post with solution.

So far i've been playing around with Bex Queries as data source, good to know the trick around universe . It worked like a charm.

-Fahad

alexdc12
Participant
0 Kudos

This has worked for me in BI 4.2 SP1 Patch 2 for anyone experiencing the same issue.

Thanks

0 Kudos

Many thx to you Daniel for posting the solution. Solved my problem as well, and espacially thx to you Tammy. Endless posts and comments from you that I have read and had really good use of.
Your are a Rockstar in the SAP BI Community

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Great it has worked for me as well (BO4.1 SP7 FP1). Thanks for sharing it!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear all

sadly the BI Support Tools did not deliver any useful information for our issue. Does anybody have more ideas what we could do about that?

Thanks in advance,

Daniel

TammyPowlas
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Daniel - is the database for the universe supported by Design Studio?  Design Studio only supports certain types of universes - see this thread:

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Tammy,

thank you very much for your answer. Universe is based on MS SQL 2008 R2, so it should work.

TammyPowlas
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Daniel - is everything uploaded to the BI Platform?  See tutorial here:

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Tammy, startup mode in Design Studio is BI Platform and applications regularly saved on platofrm. I can see my applications in the folders in BI Launchpad, but trying to open it there leads to the same error as Execute on Platform option in the application itself.

TammyPowlas
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Daniel - one idea to help troubleshoot before checking the logs

Could you create a quick Design Studio app against the eFashion UNX universe?  That is the SAP-delivered universe that comes with the BI platform

If that works on the BI platform, then we've narrowed down the problem

If it doesn't then it is a universal issue

Otherwise it's looking at the BI platform trace logs

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Tammy,

thanks for that idea. Needed to convert efashion first to a .unx universe. Unfortunately also an application containing only efashion universe as data source leads to the same error.

Seems like a universal issue.

TammyPowlas
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Well, there's this wiki to help isolate issues:

http://wiki.scn.sap.com/wiki/display/BOBJ/Troubleshooting%3A+Isolating+issues+in+Design+Studio,+simp...

There is also the free BI Platform Support Tool to help with root cause analysis http://wiki.scn.sap.com/wiki/display/BOBJ/SAP+BI+Platform+Support+Tool

The Design Studio BIP add-on is installed too?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Problem must be located between BI Platform and DSL universe. The Rest is as simpflified as possible. BIP add-on is installed, in same version as clients. I'll try out that support tools thanks for the link.