cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Classification Buckets status

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

Any way of removing a Classification bucket from the selections in an Item's Classification Hierarchy.

When I set the status to inactive in a class. bucket I would expect this to be removed from the selections I have in an Item when I want to "Edit Classifications". But the class. bucket is still in the list.

How do I remove it?

br,

Morten

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

mariano_sabiche
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Morten;

Did you want to remove your Item Portfolio from the Classfication Hierarchy assigned?

You have to delete the % value informed at Classification tab in Item Portfolio.

Best regards,

Mariano

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Mario,

No I want to make a Bucket inactive/delete it. I know we can't delete a bucket if it holds Items (or in the case of Classification buckets, if Items are classified to it). But instead of having to move all Items out of the class. bucket and then delete it (so that it is not part of the list of Class. bucket available when classifying Items), I would like to just "hide" it from that same list.

Do you know if this is possible?

Br,

Morten

mariano_sabiche
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Morten;

You can set status "Inactive" for your Bucket, and them make a developtment to hide from list.

I think that you can change the dynpro and bucket dashboard view to hide "Inactive" bucket.

Best regards.

Mariano

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Mariano,

Okay. But there's no standard way of doing this?

br,

Morten

mariano_sabiche
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Morten;

I propose this way to you that in fact it's standard. But you have only to change the Bucket Dashboard view in dynpro (will be need a transport order).

When users see the Bucket Dashboard can only view the Active Buckets.

Best regards,

Mariano

mariano_sabiche
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Morten;

Did you do?

Tell me if you need help, I can send you steps.

Regards,

Mariano

Former Member
0 Kudos

Mariano,

If possible I would like to get these steps.  We have the same requirement - the bucket classification has changed, and only holds closed or completed Items now.  I would like to hide the inactive structure to avoid tickets and keep it cleaned up..

Thanks,

Kevin

mariano_sabiche
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Kevin,

Of course that I can.

But there are not a customizing steps, they are webdynpro/programming steps to change the filter of Bucket Classification.

Otherwise you can "archive" those closed or completed items if you have implemented SAP PPM 6.0.

Best regards,

Mariano