cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP Lumira Dataaccess extension - Environment variable

Former Member
0 Kudos

I am using WIN 7 64 bit. I would like to add a DAE path in the environment variable in the SAPLumira.ini.

SAPLumira.ini (Using environment variable)

-Dhilo.externalds.folder=%Appdata%/daExtension

-Dactivate.externaldatasource.ds=true

Unfortunately, it didnt work.

and also in the DSInfo executePath , i would like to use the environment variable instead of absolute path.

How to use the WINDOWS environment variable in the SAPLumira configuration?

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member183750
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hmmm. I created an environment var, calling it "Ludek" and defined as: C:\Program Files\SAP Lumira.

Next I entered the following in the win search:

Which resolved just fine. However entering %Ludek%/daExtensions results in empty search window or an actual error. E.g.; if Windows does not understand this, how would Lumira?

Perhaps if %Lumira% was defined as C:\Program Files\SAP Lumira\Desktop\daextensions, it might work(?).

- Ludek

Senior Support Engineer AGS Product Support, Global Support Center Canada

Former Member
0 Kudos

I tried using an Environment variable in SAPLumira.ini (i.e. -Dhilo.externalds.folder= ). After restart, Lumira did not recognize the location and could not show me all the exes present in that directory.

I think destination of data extension folder is only by specifying absolute path (-Dhilo.externalds.folder=) in SAPLumira.ini file.

As a good practice, it is preferred if a tool is be able to read an environment variable and derive the absolute path depending on machine's local configuration. But Lumira's absolute path approach has not given me any trouble yet

srinivasan_vinayagam
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Mayank,

C:\Program Files\SAP Visual Intelligence\Desktop\SAPVisualIntelligence.ini (Depending on version, this may be SAPLumira.ini)

Or search in C: drive in key word - SAPLumira.ini

Regards,

V Srinivasan

Former Member
0 Kudos

I guess you misunderstood the problem. I am aware of ini files location and contents.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Another observation:

1. Consider an example where I created an extension in location "C:\PATH1", configured saplumira.ini file (-Dhilo.externalds.folder) accordingly and created Lumira document. It worked all good.

2. Later I decided to create a new directory and moved my all extension to this new directory "C:\PATH2". Deleted the old directory to avoid any confusion. I also modified the extension path as per the new location in .ini file.

3. After step 1 & 2 I opened lumira document created in step 1 and tried refreshing it. To my surprise it failed ( exe not found) EVEN after updating ini file and manually coping DAE exe file to new location.  Lumira should have looked at the new path updated in INI file for exe to refresh the document.

so there are two things, one is present working has a bug. I guess existing documents(.lums) are internally storing absolute path which is not correct. Path should be read form ini file everytime for refresh or edit.

it is always better to get rid of PATH and adapt to ENV variable and let lums point to the ENV var irrespective of the value.