cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Killing user sessions with a job

0 Kudos

Hello,

We want, in our SCM system, before starting a process chain, to kill all user sessions on all application servers by running a job. Our BW consultants created a job, as a step of their process chain, which kills these sessions. The problem is that user sessions are killed only for the users logged on the server on which the job runs so, as we have 5 application servers, user sessions are killed only for one out of 5 application servers.

I suggested to create this job with 5 steps, each step having set as running target server one of the application servers. The BW consultant said this is not possible in the process chain. Could you please suggest a way to run this job in order to kill the user sessions on all application servers?

I mention the fact that I am a SAP Basis Admin and have no knowledge on how process chain are working and how can be modified.

Br,

Gabriel

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Gabriel,

An individual process chain can be directed to a specific server; this is an attribute of the process chain.  Your unhelpful BW consultants could create 5 small single step process chains, one for each server, and then call them locally within a single process chain; in parallel, or in series.

Best Regards,

DB49