cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Standard workflow and pre-contract creation (SAP_standard)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I would like to ask what the SAP standard workflow is for approving contracts which dictate PR's and PO's. 

Currently, my clients workflow is as follows:

[SAP PS]
Contract bidding/contract negotiation
>>> Contract >>> WBS >>> Network >>> PR >>> PO >>> End of work settlement>>> Invoice

My questions are 2:

1. Is the above mentioned workflow correct? Does this correspond to the SAP standard?

2. Is the contract bidding/contract negotiation step allowed in the SAP standard and should this step erode the total budget value? To be clearer let me illustrate what this step does:

My client (buyer) emits a series of requests to various vendors from a vendor list in possession of the buyer. These venders then respond to the buyer with their offers. The buyer chooses the most advantageous offer creates the contract.

Thanks for your help,

Jessica

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Jessica,

Contract Negotiation will be part of SRM..

You may would like to go though below sap help for more details and steps followed

Negotiating Contracts - Operational Contract Management - SAP Library

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_crm70/helpdata/en/ed/71f0dad93d4184af07a102ec97fe27/content.htm

Regards

Tushar

Paulo_Vitoriano
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

The second link points to CRM, not SRM.  Might be a mistake.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes it points to CRM.. But it talks about Contract Negotiation...

Paulo_Vitoriano
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

From the system perspective the Contract Negotiation with customers is different from the Contract Negotiation with vendors.  The way that I understood the original question it is about Vendors and not Customers.  Actually we do not even know if it a customer project or investment project.  I am not sure if CRM can be used for negotiations with vendors.

Former Member
0 Kudos

ok... that could be the case.....

Let Jessica decide what approach she wants to follow....If she feels SRM can be used, she can refer 1st link that I given...

Paulo_Vitoriano
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello,

1. It looks very standard. I would not use a word "workflow", but a process flow. Workflow is usually something else when it comes to SAP terminology.

2. Tenders/bidding process must be part of SAP SRM as far as I am aware.

Regards,