cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Agentry OpenUI file transfer iOS

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I'm experimenting with work manager 6.2 and xcode 6.

I would like to somehow create a pdf, composed from a view controller in native iOS code and save this in a way that it can be sent along with a work order as attachment.

In iOS8 it is possible to transfer data between apps, or is there a way to do this in the same app?

Should I store it in the app's documents directory with a file name containing the work order number?

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

bill_froelich
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Based on the restrictions Apple puts on data sharing, it will be much easier if you can create an Open UI control to create the PDF file in the application documents directory.   Then it can easily be attached to a work order and sent to the backend.

I do know iOS 8 has improved some of the data sharing stuff but am not familiar enough with it yet to know if it would solve this issue.

The real question is do you really need it as a PDF on the device.  You could certainly do this server side or in the backend where you have more options.

--Bill

Former Member
0 Kudos

The pdf is composed with client interactions (like signature) and the inputted values have no use to be stored in SAP, just the document itself needs to be in place.

I managed to get the openui setup project running, but I can't call my custom classes.

Could it be that agentry expects the objective C header files? (hence no swift compatibility)

Former Member
0 Kudos

The monitoring console in xcode also constantly gives me this error: "registerForRemoteNotificationTypes: is not supported in iOS 8.0 and later".

Because the whole openUI setup is based on these notifications that seems like a big instability, or am I mistaken?

bill_froelich
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Even if you don't need to store the data, you can still have the PDF generated on the SMP server and attach to the Work Order.  You can capture the data in a transaction and then have the update step create and attach the PDF from the server.

Just a suggestion.

--Bill