How to implement Make to stock with batch management in process industry
Hi SCN Gurus,
currently i have one scenario for implementation in a chemical factory. Below are the details.
- Finished product- Sodium Tungstate(ST)
- Raw Materials- Tungsten Ore Concentrate (TOC), caustic soda(NaOH)
- Auxiliary Raw Materials-
b. Sulphuric Acid
c. Aluminum Sulphate
d. Magnesium Sulphate
e. Sodium Hydro-sulphate
g. Mineral Turpentine
i. Hydrocholic Acid
- Strategy should be Make to Stock(10)
- Process- Initially they are taking raw material Tungsten Ore Concentrate(TOC) from their group company as baggage shape. Each bag having 1000KG and at the time of charging for one cycle they are charging 4 bag at a time. They have 3 operations. First leaching, second crystallisation and third blending and packaging. Finally after all process they are making Sodium Tungstate Finished product. Manually they are filling finished product into a bag upto 1100kg and then packing into a pallet. At the time of finished product packaging they are generating a batch number manually. They have no by product or co product. For each leaching operation time duration is 12hr and for crystallisation operation 8hr.
- So how to map this in SAP? Please help me in this regard.
Thanks and Regards,
K Kumar replied
Please map the scenario as follows...
For finished product Sodium Tungstate(ST) in the material master enter planning strategy 10 in MRP 3 view and activate batch management...
In the BOM of the Sodium Tungstate(ST) enter all raw materials and Auxiliary Raw Materials as components and define their qty's as per the base qty of finished Product...
Create Resources for each operations.
Create Master recipe for Sodium Tungstate(ST) with three operations and assign the resources accordingly.
1. leaching 2.Crystallization and 3. blending and packaging.
Maintain the standard hours and standard values accordingly...
Now create PIR's for finished Product....Run MRP...MRP will create Planned Orders..Now convert the Planned Orders to Process order when the Production is started and create batch manually in the Process order and proceed with Process order cycle like Goods issue, Confirmation and Goods Receipt...
Hope this helps...